Custom Helmets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    go on starmade => data => SkinningResources it will explain everything

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    As Testkil said, there you can find all the files you will need. You make it the same way as the skin, however, keep in mind that you can make the helmet transparent if you wish. Most tips that would apply to making the main skin, also apply to making helmet skins. Remember the light two-pixel area around sections is the 'bleed area' and needs to be filled in with the color you want (if you don't want weird colored lines on the edges of the helm).
    If you want to use some transparency, to (for example) have the eyes show through on a helmet or visor, I often will put Dave's face under it to give me a rough idea where the eyes should be. The helmet is bigger than the head, so I mean ROUGH idea. Usually after testing in game (I test in Singleplayer) I have to adjust it. So there is some inevitable trouble shooting there if you want to do that.

Otherwise make it like a normal skin, but keep in mind the size and shape. There's a shading overlay that you can use for the helm, just like there is a different shading overlay for the skin -it will help shade things to look nicer!

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How much PSI would you need in your mouth to pop your cheek? Could you do this by holding your breath for a long time?

Reaction score
    No holding your breath for a long time wouldnt help.

Cheeks will pop at around 80-82 PSI, according to my personal testing.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I went on a brief internet fact search regarding this subject. I am now scarred for life. At least I learned not to use a substance called "Black Salve". Learn a new fact every day. (But there has to be less traumatic ways to learn!)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Where the hell did this 100% off topic conversation sprout from?