Custom Block Question

Spartan4845

Master of Chimichangas and Star Trek Shells
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My friends and I that play on a private server that we run love building ships with interiors, yet the interiors get in the way of power and such. Is it possible to modify or use a added block through the config or block editor to act as a more powerful power cap/reactor?

Reaction score
    I think it is, I'm not sure. I'm sure there is an integer in there, you can modify pretty much anything else, including how much light they give off and other cool things so I don't see why not. Have you checked?

You know, RP ships not being very strong is a rather controversial and contentious issue...

D

Deleted member 433088

What you can do is change some values in the blockBehaviorConfig.xml to make regular caps and reactors more powerful. I haven't played with it, but I think the variables you might want to play with are:

PowerDivFactor - This is a multiplier in the calculation. I believe increasing it would make hitting the soft cap require less reactors.
    PowerCeiling - This seems to be the soft cap, but I'm not sure how the calculations would work if you modify this value.
    PowerGrowth - Same as PowerDivFactor, it's a multiplier in the calculation, probably with similar effects.
    PowerLinearGrowth - This is the base energy a single reactor gives without taking dimensions of the group into account. Increasing this will make reactor groups more powerful even after hitting the soft cap.
    PowerRecoveryTime - No idea what this one does.
    PowerBaseCapacity - The base power capacity of any entity. Increasing this will mean you'll need less capacitors.
    PowerTankCapacityLinear - The capacity added by each capacitor before taking into account the group's size.
    PowerTankCapacityPow - This is the exponential rate of growth of capacitor groups depending on their size. Since it's exponential, changing this too much can get out of hand fast.

Happy tinkering :D

Reaction score
    Well this would interest me as well if it is possible to create a custom "super" reactor block instead of improving all the regular reactors.
    For custom blocks i only found an option to set their hp, armor value and texture and name etc. but no option to have a function like generating power, thrust or shields.

Would be nice to know if there is a way to give them "functionality".