Current manufacturing process woes.

Reaction score
    Hey there,

I'm just wondering if the manufacturing process is going to be refined at all to a usable state that makes sense.

Currently, if you get any L3 ore, you can't break it down to level 2 or 1 unless you're lucky enough to find a recipe that does that. However, with no way to buy a recipe to break down ore, you can't really do much beyond selling the ore.

While the old system was kind of random for ingredients, the new one is completely random. One cannot turn ore into chips and stuff, they need to find a recipe that they are fortunate enough to find requires ore and such.

This has completely killed mining on my server because the ingredient requirements are so ... random.

Will this system ever be improved to the point where recipe amounts will be random, but ingredients will be restricted to some sensible parameters?

Will we ever see a system again that will allow us to refine our ore into something useful, instead of it possibly being required in a recipe for wood, or possibly being required for a recipe for plex doors?

I think most Starmade players originally really liked being able to refine their ore into chip parts, then having materials to build with. In this current setup, you need recipes for recipes.

Any thoughts on this or how to restore the joy of manufacturing to Starmade? Mining is amazing in the game, but now manufacturing is so tedious and chaotic, there is just no point to mine anymore.

That's my opinion on the matter, though I'd welcome other opinions.

Best Regards,

Caid