Curious about stealth ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, I played a long time ago and made a stealth ship, no interior or anything, minimal weapons, but it did the job. I remember it was fairly difficult to get working. Well, I loaded it up and now it won't keep it's cloak up like.....not at all.

So I gather some stuff has changed and that's cool, but is it really MORE difficult now or am I missing something?

Also, do you guys know if there are more changes to stealth coming, or is this just the way it is?

Reaction score
    Requires a ton of power. I don't know if they changed power consumption anytime lately.
    There's a few designs around the community content that work.
    There's 1 that can be built pretty much with the starter blocks and cash, I think it's the Jump Needle, ..I think Panpiper made it.
    It's a great example to see what you're doing wrong on your own ship since it's basicly power, thrusters and a j-drive. Nothing fancy or pretty but it's very handy for observing AI battles without becoming a combatant (in other words I know it works).
    Thalanor made a pretty sweet looking one, I'm sure there are a few others.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When building it, you want to have long extended lines and keep the mass low.
    Every power block you place whatch your power generation. If it doesn't go up by a few hundred then dont put it there.
    There are a couple of really nice designs out there though. I managed to build my own perma cloak/jam ship which can charge its jump drive in under 3 seconds while cloaked

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    There's 1 that can be built pretty much with the starter blocks and cash, I think it's the Jump Needle, ..I think Panpiper made it.
    I have two stealth ships posted. The Jump Needle is 'not' buildable with starting resources, though it is not hugely expensive for an established player. It is a good example of a very functional stealth ship, albeit one with no weapons. The one that 'is' buildable with starting resources is the Permacloak, miner, jumping, 'Starter' ship. That one is useful only as a starter ship, though it would give a good clue to a new player as to how to get a functional stealth ship working.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have two stealth ships posted. The Jump Needle is 'not' buildable with starting resources, though it is not hugely expensive for an established player. It is a good example of a very functional stealth ship, albeit one with no weapons. The one that 'is' buildable with starting resources is the Permacloak, miner, jumping, 'Starter' ship. That one is useful only as a starter ship, though it would give a good clue to a new player as to how to get a functional stealth ship working.
    You wont mind if I dl them and tear them apart do you? Jk lol, of couse you wont :)

So what changed? Why is my ship so heavy now?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    You wont mind if I dl them and tear them apart do you? Jk lol, of couse you wont :)

So what changed? Why is my ship so heavy now?
    By all means, dissect them.

The masses of various components were changed a few months back. You now want to avoid using any advanced or even standard armor in stealth ships. Indeed in most cases, you'll want to consider using circuit boards or the like in place of regular hull, so as to lower the mass as much as possible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    By all means, dissect them.

The masses of various components were changed a few months back. You now want to avoid using any advanced or even standard armor in stealth ships. Indeed in most cases, you'll want to consider using circuit boards or the like in place of regular hull, so as to lower the mass as much as possible.
    She has advanced armor on her, that's got to be the reason. To bad there aren't any penta or tetra circuit boards to really smooth your ship out.

Reaction score
    Ahhh, ok, that's why I was confused. I've played with both of them. Both useful ships. They really need to make the blueprint descriptions editable so we can put pertinent info in. I download shit, get around to trying it and then forget who built it half the time. Old age I tell ya!