Cuboid Planets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps this has already been suggested, or something very much like it has been suggested, but that makes it all the better, showing that not only one of us want this badly :)

My suggestion is that we don't try to creat complicated, spherical planets with an inward gravity, but rather simple cuboid planets with gravity that changes directions on each side of the cuboid. Anyway, I didn't want to make a long post nor put down too many "rules" on how this is meant to work, as that would only make it more difficult to create. Thank you for reading this!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you look through the suggestions, you\'ll see that this has been discussed into the ground (pun intended). People have suggested everything from cuboids, voxel-spheres, double-sided discs, etc. Although I think that your suggestion of a cuboid planet is relatively easy to imagine, you would run into gravity-field issues closer and closer to the core. To be honest, I think the current diskworld is really the best and most intuitive solution to the voxel-planet conundrum, even if it\'s awkward. But hey, if a clever solution can be reached that isn\'t more cumbersome than the diskworld, I\'m all for it! Also, a cuboid world would be thematically appropriate to a voxel-based game.

Reaction score
    If I remember, so far Schema is planning to go with the Oreo shaped planets. But I might have old news.