Bottom;

11 single AMC small turrets;
    Damage; 149.7
    Distance; 526.6
    Reload; 303.3
    Speed; 30.0

All un-docked;

Ship's equipment;
    2 - lightly armed AI capable jumpers on landing platforms on the front of the nacelles
    1 - 0.322 salvage speed, 25 beam array prospecting/ recovery ship that docks piggy-back to the main vessel.
    1 - lightly armed small transport rigged to carry a jumper if needed that docks in a bay at the rear on the bottom of the main vessel

Transport Bay Detail;

The interior is plain but you can access each of the docked ships from inside. From the control room plexdoors lead to hallways to each nacelle with plexdoors to the jumper landing pads after exit plexdoors.
    To the rear is the plexdoor to the transport docking bay. It is a tight fit; launches easily but the docking maneuver takes a bit to line up.
    Above the control room is the plexdoor hatch to access the salvage ship.
    This was my first real ship but came out real well I think. It's still in the process of having the rest of it's normal hull replaced with hardened hull.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    is pretty good. I made one myself, and they\'re a pain in the a** to make.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Thanks, it was hard. Hard enough to still consider the result esthetically pleasing enough for uploading. I\'ve used it on a lot of missions to search out lost equipment in hostile areas.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Keeping it good looking is probably the hardest parts of Stealth ships.

I actually read through your Mech writing, (I was too lazy earlier) and I really like the equipment stuff you have going on. The fact you can change from a rifle to a sword or whatever is really smart. The mechs look great in their docking station too.

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Heavy ground/ space mechanized infantry;

Catsup - Experimental Heavy Assault Mech

download; http://star-made.org/node/14196

spare axe; http://star-made.org/node/14197

spare equipment sled; http://star-made.org/node/14198

This mech was developed as a platform to expand on the success of the Mayonnaise. Constructed with the same process on a larger scale it overcomes some of the shortcomings of the Mayonnaise in combat roles. Shielding is improved and it can handle a larger AMC rifle then it\'s predecessor. It\'s larger frame has space for a sealed and armored cockpit with gravity unit assisted entry and external gravity re-set and two plex-storage units in the crotch. The Catsup shares the same SD-BB shoulder-mounted missile pods as it\'s smaller brother with added armor and thrusters, it\'s hip-mounted d1000 rocket launchers are also upgraded. Added are two more d1000 rocket launchers on it\'s forearms and an AMC shotgun in the lower torso. The Dis-integrator Swords were dropped in favor of a larger Dis-integrator Axe with a plex-door sheath (Note; plex-doors do not stop dis-integrators from going off! so it\'s useless - but it\'s still on there). A heavy anti-ship AMC rifle can also be equipped though it is size-limited to installation on the right arm with stowage on the large left hardpoint on the rear thruster pack. The equipment designed for this mech has been given on-board power and thrusters to speed and simplify equipment changeovers in the field.

Cost; just under 2.2 mil

Mass; 64.6 Power; 7056.8 e/sec

Thrust; 138.6

Shields; 6898 (559 s/sec)

AMC Rifle

Damage; 136.6

Distance; 509.1

Reload: 325.9

Speed; 28.9

Mass; 4.8

Power; 140 e/sec

Thrust; 1.0

Shields; 806 (111s/sec)

AMC heavy anti-ship rifle

Damage; 277.1

Distance; 728.2

Reload; 159.2

Speed; 42.7

Mass; 17.6

Power 140.8 e/sec

Thrust; 1.0

Shields; 2664 (273 s/sec)

SD-BB missle pods (torso)

Damage; 216.1

Distance; 88.2

Reload 20.0

Speed; 2.7

Radius; 15.7

d1000 launchers (arms)

Damage; 200

Distance 68.1

Reload; 22.4

Speed; 2.3

Radius 11.4

AMC shotgun (lower torso)

Damage; 35.8

Distance; 346.8

Reload; 627.7

Speed; 11.4

d1000 launchers (leg turrets)

Damage; 219

Distance; 83.5

Reload; 22.8

Speed; 2.4

Radius; 16.0 The physical shield had seen major upgrades as well; mainly the ability to operate as a separate craft. It has decent shielding but low power and thrust, functional mainly for short ranges. It can take two rifles as side turrets and carry the heavy anti-ship rifle slung underneath though it lacks the power to continuously fire it. In place of the anti-ship rifle it can dock a second Rocket Shield to it\'s bottom docking unit which protects it\'s un-armored bottom. Equipped with two on-board d1000 launchers and AI it can serve as a support craft or equipment sled in various configurations even serving to deliver replacement leg turrets to damaged units in-field or a spare Dis-integrator axe if a pilot survives using the originally equipped one.

d1000 launchers (rocket shield)

Damage; 179.2

Distance; 65.7

Reload; 28.9

Speed; 1.9

Radius; 13.4

Mass; 18.2

Power; 281.7

Thrust; 17.4

Shields; 2664 (273 s/sec)

The physical shield offers expanded body coverage but blocks usage of the torso AMC shotgun while mounted to the left docking hand. It also can be stowed on the large left hardpoint on the rear thruster pack centered to the body.. The Dis-integrator Axe can only be equipped to the large hardpoints; left on thruster pack, right heavy AMC rifle docking hand or left Rocket Shield docking hand (it\'s diagonal construction is due to the differing orientations between the left and right large docking hands). Thrown like the swords it is effective on unshielded targets.

Dis-integrator Axe;

Damage; varies

Distance; not too close

Reload; n/a

Mass; 6.7

Power; 140.8 e/sec

Thrust; 1.0

Shields; 806 (111 s/sec) As shipped the unit comes with a full complement of weapons equipped, a spare AMC rifle and a Dis-integrator Axe docked to the rear thruster pack hard points. The heavy anti-ship AMC rifle makes short work of Isanth IV\'s from out of their range. I dropped the guns and shield and took out a Mayonnaise with the Dis-integrator Axe - it\'s shield apparently did nothing to protect it. Sorry if I\'m too image-heavy for this forum but I\'m quite proud of this model.

Downsides; I can\'t get any forward-facing dumb-fired missile to not shoot off sideways instead of straight ahead. Seems like it\'s core position related - tried rotating the compuiters. Gravity switching is finicky, if you get out while gravity is on you need to hold backwards to catch yourself on the lower torso wedges, the exterior gravity block is on the right side mostly blocked by a corner. Still did take out a squardron of eight Isanth-VI\'s, took a beating, only one leg and one rifle left. Ditched the shield early when I lost the heavy rifle, sucks you have to to use the AMC shotgun but it packs a punch.

Now I can\'t figure out what\'s wrong with the line spacing :(

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Light ground/ space mechanized infantry: Mayonnaise download; http://star-made.org/node/14199

This multipurpose mech excels at enhancing your infantry units in all roles (salvage and repair equipment available on special order only). It is the first production model after some experimental development and owes it\'s low mass and maneuverability to advantages realized through modular mech engineering. The body components are hardened and protected by light shielding same as the physical shield for the left turret docking hand. Each is fitted with a faction module and an A.I. unit. The AMC light rifle turret can be dual-wielded (extra rifles available separately) or stowed on either of the docking units on the backs of the torso\'s two SD-BB missle pods (the pilot\'s main weapon system). The Mayonnaise is shipped with two Dis-integrator Swords mounted to these docking units. They are inert as long as they are docked. Named with the faction modules for reference in the weapons menu and assigned to a toolbar slot they are \"thrown\" at the target. Various techniques - all dangerous (testing area is littered with mech debris). NOTE; DO NOT undock the swords from they\'re cores due to probable dock-shake. Only use the weapons menu/ toolbar, all other methods will void warranty. Cost 916k

Mass; 19.8

Power; 845.1 e/sec

Shields (torso); 1678 (193s/sec)

Thrust; 36.3

AMC light rifle

Damage; 83.9

Distance; 422.7

Reload; 474.3

Speed; 23.4

SD-BB missle pods (torso)

Damage; 229.2

Distance; 87.1

Reload; 21.8

Speed; 2.5

Radius; 16.8

d1000 launchers (leg turrets)

Damage; 79.2

Distance; 30.1

Reload; 100

Speed; 0.7

Radius; 6.0

Multiple unit orders are recommended. The main design drawback is that the leg turrets point backwards naturally. Second would be the lack of a real cockpit - you stand in the open plex-door on the right side while at the core though at least it\'s behind the arm mostly. The torso faction module is accessed by it\'s corner through the wall and one of the legs needs to be undocked on delivery to get at the faction module in each leg. Equipment changes are slooooooww (and dangerous if using the sword), definitely not to be tried during battle. It is possible to get back up to the cockpit/ core in gravity by jumping up the right leg. Fun to bomb around in.

Reaction score
    Nice to see a different take on the blockships. We\'ve had a few mechs so far, but these look really good.

Reaction score
    I love these ships I tried to make one but it was really bad.

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Many thanks, I\'ve made a few little adjustments and fixes to both mechs but still cannot figure why the d1000 and SD-BB launchers on the torsos fire sideways across the body and downward (upward for the arm launchers) at a 45 degree angle. Seems like they are trying to shoot at the core. The SD-BB launchers will shoot straight but only if locked on to something. Tried turning the missle computers but no difference.

In order to combat heavier pirate ships while the Hammerhead was getting it\'s new hardened hull it was also refitted with a thicker AMC array still comprised of the same number of cannons for greater range and damage. It\'s 11 turrets increased in size and dumped power generation in favour of pulling it from the ship for increased range and power and were joined by 6 more of a flattened version. However during the refit AMC physics changed and the completed ship could not fire it\'s AMC array at anywhere near it\'s full output.

A second refit was undertaken. The piggy-back salvager and it\'s dock were removed and replaced with an additional hard-mounted reactor that tied into the ships power systems. Six more reactors were wrapped around the thickened AMC array and extend as kinda stupid fins... Still unable to fire it\'s main weapon at full capacity despite great increases in power generation and bloated with extra weight due to unuseable weaponry the Heavy Hammerhead is deemed unfit for fleet comabt and relegated to serve as a picket ship.

Light picket ship;

Heavy Hammerhead

download; http://star-made.org/node/14202

Cost just under [x7.3x] 13 mil
    Mass; [x688.2x] 1090
    Power; 20000.0 ([x170683.9x] 452897.6 e/sec)
    Thrust; [x1098.2x] 1882.0
    Shields; [x107263x] 159623 ([x3288x] 5898 s/sec)

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Stealth fighter/ insertion craft;

Zone Runner (improved)

download; http://star-made.org/node/14200

This hull-less fighter is basically just a naked reactor to power constant cloak and radar jamming at full thrust wrapped around a capable AMC. It has a gravity unit for rapid cockpit alignment and entry in space, six plex-storage units and a faction module.

Cost; [x225x] 233k

Mass; [x35.6x] 38.4

Length: [x24x] 26m Height; 8m Width; 23m

Power; [x55213.8x] 60148.2 e/sec

Shields; [x2664x] 3490 ([x272x] 335 s/sec)

Thrust; [x51.8x] 80.2

AMC;

Damage; 205.5

Distance; 615.0

Reload; 219.4

Speed; 35.6

Not pretty but can loot a Pirate station. There is already another experimental mech being worked on up on the space platform. Legs and feet are hella tough to get to look anywhere near right - don\'t expect much in that area. Teaser; bigger, better armed, real cockpit, ugly feet/ legs and red!

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Stealth jumper;

Grasshopper

download; http://star-made.org/node/14201

A small perma cloak/jam jumper for covert transport. Quick and agile, has a faction module, 5X5 to fit in small docks with the core on the bottom like our other small craft so it can dock to turret docking units as well for flexibility. An assymetrical design it has a door-less side entrance, no weapons, shield or storage and lacks a cockpit leading to poor visibilty but still serves in it\'s role well.

Mass; 4.7

Power; 7282.3 e/sec

Thrust; 10.1

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Stealthed Infiltration Mechanized Infantry;

Padfoot

This mech is as dirty as it is ugly. Capable of sustained dual AMC rifle fire under cloak and radar jam it can still use it\'s ~2:1 ratio thrusters at an over 99% duty cycle. It\'s combat advantages make up for it\'s weak shielding, complete lack of hull plating and rapid systems decline from any damage. If loaded out with dis-integrator swords it can surprise and defeat comparable enemies with critical hits without detection.

Mass; 21.0

Power 38215.9 e/sec

Thrust; 39.6

Shields; 2359 (250 s/sec)

Lightened AMC rifle:

Damage; 83.9

Distance; 422.7

Reload; 474.3

Speed; 23.4

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    AMC Capital ship;

Wrecktangle

The core ship is small but well-armed; 36 7x7x7block AMCs routed to a central 3x3 ring, 7 quad-7x7x7block missile launchers also routed to the central firing point, 10 million power, 4 million regen and 2 million shields. It\'s shape gives it turning speeds of 1.2, 1.0, 1.2, despite it\'s mass (35k effective, approximately 225k actual) making it (theoretically) very combat effective with near 2:1 thrust to mass ratio. Loot storage is provided in docked escape pods that have a chance of surviving loss of the main ship with loot intact.

The fixed-turreted weapons system expolits turret power bugs and uses chain-docking to amplify the final turret docking size without sacrificing core ship turning speed at the cost of the \'fire on selected target\' AI option\'s functionality. Two matched AMC modules (from pairs of 1x1X29block checkerboard short-range or 3x3x29block mid-range waffles - both pictured, to a possible pair of solid 59x59x29block AMC modules for sniping) are hyper-docked to adjacent docking modules on one of the L-shaped dock amplifiers. The second waffle has to aim it\'s docking beam at the bottom of it\'s docking module then clips into the first, aligned so that their output blocks don\'t interfere with each other. The assembly then docks to a slot in the main ship that hides all the docking gaps.

For looks and function the main ship has a hanger module with 750k shields docked to it\'s rear. Stocked with four stealth fighters (for now) it also serves as the entrance to the main ship and then core via the storage hall. On it\'s back (top really) is one more docked ship acting as extra rear shielding and trying to tie the \'design\' together visually with some decorative thrusters.

Most importantly these turrets do a crazy amount of damage real fast, especially if all of their AI\'s can co-operate and all target the same thing before 3-4 of them already have it killed.

It\'s pretty laggy when firing.

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Light Heavy Fighter;

AMC Gremlin

A space-superiority fighter this beast sports a staggered pair of 400 damage AMC\'s centerally mounted (mouth), twin 24x250 damage stacked-ring guns (eyes) and two 183k DPS short-range (416m) wide-beams.

Turning speeds x 5.0 y 1.5 z 2.3, total mass; approx 1k and 2:1 thrust.