Cubed Worlds

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Probly already suggested, but my two cents: Cubed Worlds! That way I can't just mine the bottom/side out of planets easily and all cheap-like. Also, we could mine into them and build bases inside, place defensive turrets all around them.

Also, what about planetary core mining to obtain gravity controlling technology (artificial gravity-style for your ships)? The block can be like the heart of the planet, super special to acquire.

Reaction score
    This was often proposed and countered with this argument: what happens when you are on the edge of the planet?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d be happy with cube worlds (or any other kind of prism world), the issue, as the previous poster has said, is gravity.

First solution I can suggest is that gravity works towards points (i.e. the centre of mass)rather than by planar orientation, but a point-gravity could be awkward, since on the corners you would get pulled towards the centre.

Alternatively, there could be a check on planets, in which the player, if in range of a planet\'s gravity, is then gravity-aligned to that block in the directional plane closest to the orientation the tangent from block to player is, and then maintains that until the player gets a certain distance away from that inital block, say... 10 blocks distance, at which point it recalculates and finds another block to re-orient itself via.

That seems like it\'d be laggy until it\'d be tweaked for balance, but it\'s the best solution I can imagine, where the player has their gravity continually recalculated and reoriented to nearby planet-entity blocks.

Might be awkward though, since in some cases you might end up being on the celing of a cave, for example, but it\'s the best my sleep-deprived mind can come up with as a solution to the non-disc planet.