CSS-Hangman *Fully Functional* Capital Ship

Reaction score
    Welcome Stardwellers!
    Although some of you may have seen me about I'll start with a long overdue introduction.
    I go by Calbiri, and i am 27, I drive for my wages, and I enjoy coming up with unique ideas and solutions. In that regards, this game is what ive been trying to find for a long time. Thank you Schema and Beetlebear, i hope my current and future creations can help enrich this game and bring more people to this galaxy of fun.
    Now, without further dithering, I present to you the CSS-Hangman, the FIRST (that i know of) Fully Functional Capital-Ship
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ai760549x1900f/n3HAMhPmH-
    Video to follow tomorrow
    STATISTICS

• Calbirian Swarm Ship "Hangman"

• Powerplant-Utilizes the first contructed Suntap Reactor prototype

Spans a mere 200m high, 200m wide and 250m in length

• Masses in at 7.5 SM-Tons

• ERS (Energy Regen/Second) has reached 345 million

The engineers say it could reach upwards of 500 million ERS, but the reactor seems to have come up against a limitation as to what our universe can allow

• A solution to this is being researched, but our engineers are dubious about if it can be overcome

[*]
    Shielding-Taking advantage of the ample power supply, shielding was given a high priority

• At full shield load, the CSS-Hangman can take an astounding 33.333 million damage before the shields begin to overheat and fail

• The shield generators have a power draw of 333 million energy/second

• This power draw allows the shields to be replenished at the rate of 666,666 points/second

• Overall the system can currently handle an estimated 75 million damage over the course of 60 seconds without failing.

Given the full potential outputof the Suntap Reactor, the shields could acheive a 50 million reserve, 1 million regeneration rate/second, 500 million power draw/second and survive an estimated 110 million damage over 60 seconds without faltering.

[*]
    Drive Engine-Utilizes the Spire-Drive design of the Kadeshi (See "Homeworld")

• Currently function, but only 1/3 complete at roughly 5 SM-Tons of engine components

Once completed the Drive engine will provide roughly a 2/1 thrust-mass ratio for the ship

[*]
    Secondary drive units to provide increased turn rates are on the drawing board, but have not yet been confirmed as a mechanically sound concept.
    [*]
    ** The Tertiary drive (codenamed Quantum-Tap) may provide instant travel between sectors, possibly at the cost of crippling any standard drive engines, rendering them non-operational

[*]
    Weapons

• Currently Classified

More Information to follow within a day or two!
    Also, many will be glad to know that the Combat Trials will be held on saturday the 9th (forbearing any unforseen scheduling problems.)
    The Swarm would like to invite any intersted pilots or captians to a public VR demonstion run on our private super-computer. (All particpants must agree to be recorded for training and demonstration purposes via Youtube) Bring your favorite heavy hitter, fast fighters and Show-off-able ships to join in the celebration of Starmades first Capital Ship entering service.

Please RVSP at the link below so we know roughly how many would like to attend (if things go well enough you may get to fly your own Hangman)
    http://starmade.org/content/calbirian-swarms-combat-trials-2913

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The last Image make me remember of the picture of Megadeth- Super collider new album, just like your picture Calbiri

The ship is amazing, and the design too.

Reaction score
    Might be the first, but it will be destroyed easily once i have a decent computerso that my dreadnaught can take it, one day my friend. But overal good ship engineering junctional an dkinda pretty just not my style. I hope you finsih it strong and if finished the dreadnaught fist major battle with be against this behemoth

-H