Crystal Armor/Glass Icons

Reaction score
    Both the crystal armor blocks and just regular glass have invisible icons, which is annoying since you have to scroll all the way through and read the popup box just to see what they are.

They had icons a few months ago, what happened to them? Are they going to be added back in?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    A few months ago i think i added a custom set of sprites that i manually edited to temporarily solve this.

The problem is the way we bake icons is for the most part, automated. So a newer batch of inventory icons generated for newer textures will overwrite these changes (unless i'm remembering to manually edit each sheet, each time).

Schema and I have talked about this issue and we hope to change the way transparent blocks are handled in the baking process making them much more visible in the GUI. Hopefully we can work out a permanent solution to this in and amongst this new UI overhaul.

For now though, i will try and edit the inventory icons again so we have a temporary solution in place.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    A few months ago i think i added a custom set of sprites that i manually edited to temporarily solve this.

The problem is the way we bake icons is for the most part, automated. So a newer batch of inventory icons generated for newer textures will overwrite these changes (unless i'm remembering to manually edit each sheet, each time).

Schema and I have talked about this issue and we hope to change the way transparent blocks are handled in the baking process making them much more visible in the GUI. Hopefully we can work out a permanent solution to this in and amongst this new UI overhaul.

For now though, i will try and edit the inventory icons again so we have a temporary solution in place.
    You also can't really tell grey tetras apart from grey hull blocks (standard hull). If we could get some more drastic lighting on those items I would be very happy :)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, maybe a big triangle across the middle of the penta, with each corner of the triangle hitting every-other corner of the overall hex outline.

Maybe to further illustrate the difference, the cube icon could have a tri-point stick figure in the middle instead of a triangle, to illustrate that the cube's corner is complete.