Crypto currency?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    What are peoples thoughts on trading in game credits for real life currency? similiar to Eve.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think it is forbidden by AGB.

Dunno how eve handles it.

The only exception - dunno -: Some servers reward donators with more blueprint slots or ingame credits.

I like it if it does not hurt the gameplay and is not abused by server admins to earn money - more than they spend on keeping the server alive, as it is good for the peoples which don\'t have that much money and want to play multiplayer too.

But I don\'t like games where money decides who owns all and rules the (ingame) world.

Also I am a bit worried that donations on server sides distract from donations for the game. It is not perfect, but StarMade\'s basic concept is a lot better than that from other games ...

Maybe I am a bit biased

as I develope myself for fun and in my study, but I don\'t like more \"Bill Gates peoples\" (buught an operating system for 50\'000$ and sold it for 1 million to IBM afaik (from some documentary film about silicon valley), cheating on the one originally done all work by keeping everything for himself).

No single human should hold that much power (the most just abuse it for even more power). We can not imagine how much 20-50 $ or € from everybody using windows (or buying a PC with it pre-installed).

But StarMade is certainly not that big to abuse power and not force itself (with evil pacts) on every newly bought PC - pre-purchase is voluntarily, so my points mentined above are not valid.

Maybe I will pre-purchase myself (despite any ingame advantage) if the game will get balanced economy and nobody can wipe out everything by just having the biggest ship and fewest lags. But I never used PayPal before.

I used to play on sunworld. Now I can\'t connect for an unknown reason and I would be a bit angry for any donation I would have paid for something getting non-available to me shortly afterwards (you can\'t re-use planets/stations on other servers as easy as ships).

Reaction score
    I don\'t see the point of making it an actual feature to the game. Getting credits is quite easy(and I doubt it will be much harder at the actual release). Although, I am quite sure some server owners might include it similar like some minecraft server do.

Reaction score
    Eve has stability, where as this game and random servers don\'t.

the closesest you could get would be trading with individual server admins, for currency to pay for the server hosting, but this would make that server Pay to win, and the core community wouldn\'t play on it.

CES

Reaction score
    Convince someone that a good rate is $1 per credit....

All silliness aside, however, even if credits were harder to get, P2w is something I will forever be against.

Reaction score
    If you pay 2 billion euros for credits, I am sure schema would be happy :p

And credits should be harder to get, but there shouldn\'t be a universal way to buy credits with real money.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Eve\'s PLEX, which you refer to, is not trading real money for in-game credits. It is a 1-month subscription game time code in the form of an in-game item. The credits you get for then selling it in the in-game market come not from CCP but from other players who give you their credits so they don\'t have to spend $15-20 USD that month to keep their account active.

Converting PLEX into Aurum (a second currency that is used for CCP\'s NeX store) makes it closer to what you describe, but with the market, you don\'t need to spend a single real cent to get those. In addition, the NeX only gives you clothes for your avatar, which are purely vanity as Eve gameplay revolves around spaceships. In-game credits from Aurum, like with PLEX itself, come from selling the clothes to other players.

EVE does have some Game Time Card offers that give you a ship with the couple months of game time, but that ship is identical in every way but skin to one that a day1 newbie can build with a recipe and minerals.

Regarding cryptocurrency to credits in StarMade, I\'d say no. While Eve can get away with selling vanity, StarMade\'s skin and texture setup means that option is out the window. SM is also not a subcription game, instead going the route of \"buy once and done\" once it\'s released on Steam. This leaves trading real money for things that impact the gameplay, aka \"pay to win.\"