Cryogenics Block Needed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We need a cryogenics block in the game that we can attach to when we log out so when they log back in they can join us. It sucks having to go back to pick up friends or having to wait for them to get back to your ship everytime they log back in.

Reaction score
    So essentially what you\'re looking for is a block that we bind our login to? I do like this idea at first blush, but how would this work? Do you bind to it the way you bind to an Undeathinator, and then every time you log in, no matter where you logged out, thats where you are? Or would it only be good for one log out/log in? Would you be logged out immediately upon activating the block? If not, what happens if you move your character after activating the block?

I really like the idea of binding to the ship as opposed to a location in space, especially for faction ships, but theres some details to work out there.

Reaction score
    In fact,

Better solution would be to allow undeathinators on ships.

Each Undeathinator would have its GUID (Globally Unique ID). Player would store GUID of Undeathinator binded to him instead of x/y/z position in space in player file. When player respawns/relogs on server, game would look up in its internal database GUID of undeathinator player is assigned to and check its position in space (undeathinator table in database would consist of GUID and X/Y/Z positions) and spawn player there. If GUID can\'t be found because e.g. Undeathinator was destroyed (they\'d issue DELETE query to database in order to delete row with guid used by just destroyed Undeathinator upon destruction), player would be binded to random Undeathinator in shop at spawn (like on first log in except cash/inventory/etc. would be unchanged).

mou

Reaction score
    Cryogenics blocks would be awesome really, spawning randomely in space if someone took your ship and you need someone to take you or spawn a core to get somewhere or even suicide whatever this block shouldn\'t be that hard to do and to would be a great addition

I disagree at all with undeathinator on ship because suiciding to get in ship is not rp at all

I think the block should be:

you enter, it does like a build block but if you log out in it you spawn in the stasis next time you log in if the stasis is damaged you die, and get to the undeathstuff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think that the best way to do this would be in the following way: you can activate the cryogenics block on the ship any time during a session and you will not be automatically logged out. If, when you log out your session, you are within that ship\'s field of gravity or you are in build/flight mode in either the ship\'s core or a docked ship, then upon resuming the session, you will login at your cryogenics block even if someone else has moved the ship. You would be able to activate multiple cryogenics blocks on multiple ships and you would be logged back in next to that cryogenics block regarldess of if you have activated other cryogenics block as long as the previously listed conditions are fulfilled (in other words, if you activate the cryogenics block on ship 1, then activate it on ship 2, but you log out on ship 1, then you will still log back in on ship 1). If it is destroyed while you are logged out, you should log back in at the location where it was destroyed regardless of if the ship was destroyed. Also note that this should not be a replacement for an Undeathinator and you will still respawn at those if you die.

Implemented this way, I could see the cryogenics block being a great idea. However, first Schema would have to implement something where you won\'t get thrown out of a ship in motion if you\'re in its field of gravity, otherwise you could get ejected as soon as you log in.

But anyway, this is a really great idea that would be cool to see in the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It works very much like a core or a weapons controller. You go inside that block before you log out. If you fail to do this.. you are going to be in space if your buddy decides to take your ship. I\'m not particularly for the undeathinator on a ship idea mainly because it doesn\'t hurt to have a travel penalty for death.. But if thats how it becomes implemented then I\'m not against it. I just don\'t want to be forced to return back to the ship me and my friends are building together. We like that crew feeling this game can bring.