Cruise control

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Currently, we can't really stay at a certain speed reliuably that isn't the max speed. This is especially annoying when you're trying to flick through menus on a long journey. So why not add in a button that keeps your speed constant for you? This would certainly save some people's left index fingers.

Reaction score
    I agree with oyu. I like the idea of cruise control. Kind of like turning inertia dampeners off in space engineers but still requiring power to move because of starmades deceleration.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would kill to have that in the game! Like, really, even a joystick with an analog throttle can\'t do that, because somehow the throttle control only affects acceleration...

Reaction score
    this is needed, but it might just be better to have an autopilot in the ai module that takes you to the designated sector at the designated speed

Reaction score
    most game use q to auto run. it would be a great addtion in the game. For server host I would activate COLLISION_DAMAGE to true.

only issue I see is someone flying off in a direction and going to sleep and the server hard is pack full of new ENTITY_...granted it typically not that very large but say 20 peeps did this everyday your going to run quickly out of swap space. So I would sugguest that if you bump something your auto run will disengage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I\'ve always wanted this. It\'d be nice if you could do this, then exit your ship core to view space whizz by from the safety of your magnifacent vessel.

Of course, there\'d have to be some way to turn OFF cruise control from outside of the ship core if that were the case. Wouldn\'t want the ship to go off forever if you fell out of it, ya know?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The ship should auto-stop if you leave or exit the game. (you would respawn out of your ship and your ship explores a distant galaxy as in StarGate-Universe the stray Destiny.

BTW: It is also impossible to let a ship accellerate with 4:1 thrust, but only use 2:1 thrust (important for power consumption) to keep max speed.

Reaction score
    Since there isn\'t drag in space one would think that once you hit a speed then killed the engines you\'d keep going in that direction forever (until you logged out).