Critical Building mistake-Please read

Reaction score
    Hey Everybody, i have an request you see i just finished my first shipyard and then i build my first ship, check the top center of the attached picture... Thats a mistake on my side but have any of you ever had the same problem?? Is there a possibility that we can give full flight control to the "Camera Module" even when the "Core" direction is diffrent from the "Camera Module" direction or maybe have the option to manually change the direction of the "Core" after blocks have been placed, that would fix my problem and maybe yours too one day.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Unfortunately you can't change the direction controls with a camera.

But you might be able to copy and paste the ship around using the advanced build options. If this is in single player then you can set how big the build box is in the server settings. As long as the copy isn't to complex you might even get away with a 100 or greater build box. If it is to much for your pc then the game will freeze. It might take some time for the copy to be calculated so don't CTRL ALT DELETE out strait away if the screen freezes.

Reaction score
    Unfortunately you can't change the direction controls with a camera.

But you might be able to copy and paste the ship around using the advanced build options. If this is in single player then you can set how big the build box is in the server settings. As long as the copy isn't to complex you might even get away with a 100 or greater build box. If it is to much for your pc then the game will freeze. It might take some time for the copy to be calculated so don't CTRL ALT DELETE out strait away if the screen freezes.
    Thanks man, will give it a try

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The copy paste does work, but you might need to adjust your build area in the config. Like Batavium said, it can take some time for the PC to write all the paste in. I will verify as I built my latest project in the wrong direction and had to cut it out and paste it on in the other direction. I pasted in a section 60x80x100 and it took about 20 minutes of locked up before it pasted in.

Edit: The lesson here is to ALWAYS watch the build direction, it can bite you on the rear if you don't. I know your pain.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Schine could fix this for good by letting us at the core. I'm not talking about moving it, just reorienting the core after placement. That seems less problematic as a fix.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Come on schema, it's been long enough. Enough tears have been shed. Please program in the functionality to move and change face of the ship core. At LEAST to change the facing!

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Come on schema, it's been long enough. Enough tears have been shed. Please program in the functionality to move and change face of the ship core. At LEAST to change the facing!
    Well the problem with that is ships and everything else currently store their blocks in relation to the core. So its basically storing it as "Grey Hull, 3 in front of the core, 1 above the core, 6 to the left of the core" for every single block in the ship. For big ships, changing just the facing of the core means basically redoing the ENTIRE file for the ship. If you've ever seen the game nearly crash due to spawning in a large ship via blueprint, the same thing would be happening when you change the core facing.

Worse actually, because it would have to basically recalculate the entire ship, despawn the ship, then respawn it all back.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    It has been mentioned in the past that the way around this would be to limit the number of blocks that render at one time.

I don't think anyone will mind waiting a minute for some massive ship to spawn in (or a template of significant size) if it meant that it would actually do so without crashing the server or locking anyone's computer up.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Seems like something to do out side the game. Maybe an option for the ships catalog. You add an align block in game to where you want the core to face. Then you reblueprint and feed that print to the ships catalog. It then creates a new blueprint with the changed core.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Silly biddles-chyan, skoom-kun is sustained by the tears and suffering of skubbers