Crew overboard

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I came up with an idea to roleplay on board a vessel. Over 70 people applied and we created a ship that could be manned by up to 25 crew members.

When the ship takes flight , apart from some minor glitches it all works fine , after a while however and particularely when we jump to another sector , half the crew bugs out and goes 'overboard' , the ship dissapears and everyone is floating randomly in space.

I'm not sure if the game just can't handle this amount of people on a ship as it stands , if so that'd be a rotten shame. Is there any fix for this as it stands? $

Together with some crew members we will conduct some tests to try and resolve this issue temporarily. We could use a few extra hands however. If you're interested send me a PM.

Thank you in advance

Ruben

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I do not think there is any way to fix this bug currently, but you can try minimising the crew capacity needed, or move the ship slower. If you use less crew on the ssame size ship, it may work better and less glitchily. If you move slower, there is less calculations for the ship gravity. This means it can calculate where the ship and the crew are easily, and less people go overboard.

Hope this helps your problem.

Reaction score
    Where are the crew when you jump sectors; are they just standing in gravity or inside a core/computer/turret?

Reaction score
    Then try having everyone man such a station before entering a new sector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would , the thing is , the concept of the project is roleplaiyng on board the ship , passing a server takes less than a minute , if everyone has to man stations every minute it would seriously harm the roleplaying :(

Reaction score
    Simple solution would be to say that while traveling to different sectors (hyperspace or lightspeed essentially), people cannot be free-standing due to technology limits.

Until you can find another solution or Schema fixes this, you could say that your ship doesn\'t have a hyperspace drive, but a lightspeed drive. Traveling at the speed of light outside of hyperspace would require the ship turning into light. In order for the crew to turn into light as well to travel with the ship, instead of maintaining material form and being left behind, they must be at a station and \"hooked up\" to the ship.