Crew blocks

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are quite a few ships out there with space for decorative rooms that act as "crew quarters." I say why not give them a n application? I propose two kinds of blocks:

A block that acts as a spawning point for single crew NPCs (such a block would be placed in crew quarters). These blocks would determine the ship's crew limit, and be where the NPCs appears when bought at the shop (once an NPC is bought, the block is occupied).

The second block would serve as waypoints for the crew. Place them around the ship so that the NPCs don't just sit in their quarters all day. ;)

What do you think?

Reaction score
    I actually like the idea. Maybe they would move from way-point to way-point, occasionally going back to their quarters so they look like they are human beings and not bobbys* with limbs.

*never, ever, misspell bobby.

Reaction score
    hmm, making them move around like that would be awesome. A block for spawning NPCs sounds sensible, but not too sure about the second block. I think the AI of the NPCs could be made to recognise plex doors and walk around by themselves instead, and it would certainly make it simpler.
    The only problem I see with my own solution is NPCs opening airlocks, but if there's ever a concept of air in the game in the future then I'm sure NPCs can be intelligent enough to not let the air out.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like this idea, crew blocks sounds cool.

The only problem I found with NPC crews is, every time I play on a server, someone has already killed the dude that sells NPC crews, and most of us that want to buy a NPC crew, needs to travel the galaxies to find a random one alive.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I actually like the idea. Maybe they would move from way-point to way-point, occasionally going back to their quarters so they look like they are human beings and not bobbys* with limbs.

*never, ever, misspell bobby.
    Lemme guess, you said 'boobys with limbs.' Lol.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea, crew blocks sounds cool.

The only problem I found with NPC crews is, every time I play on a server, someone has already killed the dude that sells NPC crews, and most of us that want to buy a NPC crew, needs to travel the galaxies to find a random one alive.
    Perhaps the NPC trafficker should be made to respawn, or be invincible.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Perhaps the NPC trafficker should be made to respawn, or be invincible.
    ...Or, the shops could be redesigned so it isn't so easy to kill the NPCs in shops by adding some hallways and PlexDoors and stuff...

Reaction score
    ...Or, the shops could be redesigned so it isn't so easy to kill the NPCs in shops by adding some hallways and PlexDoors and stuff...
    Someone can still come in with a laser weapon, it's not that hard. I do think they should re-spawn, like Dawgs said. Also, killing an npc should instantly put you as an enemy of the trading guild

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    There are quite a few ships out there with space for decorative rooms that act as "crew quarters." I say why not give them a n application? I propose two kinds of blocks:

A block that acts as a spawning point for single crew NPCs (such a block would be placed in crew quarters). These blocks would determine the ship's crew limit, and be where the NPCs appears when bought at the shop (once an NPC is bought, the block is occupied).

The second block would serve as waypoints for the crew. Place them around the ship so that the NPCs don't just sit in their quarters all day. ;)

What do you think?
    I'm ok with this idea, I just have an issue with this...

There are quite a few ships out there with space for decorative rooms that act as "crew quarters." I say why not give them a n application?
    ...because all the suggestions for rooms, for the most part, have suggestions for what rooms and npcs would do beyond decoration.