Planned Crew ( AI ) Usage

Reaction score
    Crew system is on the way, i think some of my idea is already planned ( or not :D ).

I would like alow my crew to work like AI in X3 game ( but more easier for starmade ), with the possibility to give them specific order ( not/or like X3 where you can use complex system ).

Permissions and data :

- [data] Crew Homebase, crew back to theire base when ending an activity
    - [data/permission] Owner and User, Owner can do everything and user can do only Owner defined
    - [permission] Owner can defined crew order ( Fire, Protect, Patrol, Mining ... ) and defined what user can
    - [data] Crew use faction diplomacy, and can't be recruited if player has no faction

Possible orders :

- Protect ( entity, sector, system ), but they don't wait any damage to fire enemy
    - Patrol ( sector, system ), just moving arround and fire on hostile presence
    - Mining ( sector, system ), when task finish they come back to theire base

If think theise 3 order is suffisant, because more order, or more complex can destroy the gameplay ( people stay at theire base without working or fighting ).

Reaction score
    Follow up to this idea :

Crew could be used for the complex script part of behaviours. Crew could be given conditional orders that they execute with a set of values

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I believe that schema was/is planning on embedding Lua so that more serious players would be allowed to mod the AI crew men in the future.

Reaction score
    I believe that schema was/is planning on embedding Lua so that more serious players would be allowed to mod the AI crew men in the future.
    Source that - because if that's true, I'll be writing LUA ai that does all sorts of crazy stuff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It was mentioned on the old site. (I don't have time to find it sorry)