Read by Council Crew Aesthetics & Wardrobe

Reaction score
    I was working on some skins last night, and it came to me, now pardon me if i may have missed it, but i do try to keep up on the suggestions from the forums, I haven't seen one that describes what i'm thinking about, now onto the goal of this suggestion...

1st Idea
    I have a simple suggestion for crew as far as clothing goes, now like in minecraft you have armour you can put on and change and what have you, but what about uniforms for your crew, something you don't have to log out and back in to do, maybe these uniforms can be items that you can equip to the crew member in question and upon his/her death, or lost or tossed into space.

Player characters need to log out and back into the game to take on a different skin, this is an outdated function, i would suggest like the weapons customization and new textures that dave get an overhaul, at least as far as wearables, and what not.

Wearables:
    Shirts, Pants, Shoes, Hats, Glasses,
    Different types of helmets

I know this is a sandbox game and most people focus on the ships and stations, but we also need to keep in mind that this game unlike any other will be played by people who desire different things as far as game play, i myself like immersing myself in the faction part of the game, not so much the sandbox portion, but don't get me wrong i love my ships, and will continue to build them, no matter what.

2nd Idea
    Shields now I know people have suggested bubble shields and shield modifications, but mine is simple and should be pretty easy, the game gets a new block and invisible block the person can add called "Shield Tile"
    this block would be placed on the outside of a ship, like a second layer of hull, however once added can only be changed in build mode, and not while shields are actively taking damage. This new block would allow the shield to be up off the hull but still allow the craft to maintain shielding, now if someone gets withing the shielded area then the shields would continue to protect the ship until complete failure. Just as they do now.

Thanks for reading, any input is helpful..

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    2nd Idea
    Shields now I know people have suggested bubble shields and shield modifications, but mine is simple and should be pretty easy, the game gets a new block and invisible block the person can add called "Shield Tile"
    this block would be placed on the outside of a ship, like a second layer of hull, however once added can only be changed in build mode, and not while shields are actively taking damage. This new block would allow the shield to be up off the hull but still allow the craft to maintain shielding, now if someone gets withing the shielded area then the shields would continue to protect the ship until complete failure. Just as they do now.
    You can sorta achieve this currently using Area triggers, since they can be hit by weapon fire and are invisible more or less.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1. The masses demand that digital garments be added! Who doesn't like to dress up? I would suggest that it be accessed from a Wardrobe Module on your ship or station.

2. I would prefer that shields just "form" a certain distance from the blocks. Perhaps the distance could be based on the ratio of shield capacitors to total blocks. So, for a small ship with a lot of shields, the shield forms further away. The same shields on a much larger ship would see the shields forming right on the surface like they are now. Since the shields only appear when they are hit, there really isn't anyway to get "inside" the shields.