Creepypasta came true

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Someone who plays on the same server as me built a 300k block ship and it worked fine for a few days. All of a sudden it started spontaniously taking damage similiar to that caused by being to close to the sun (random blocks being damaged, disapearing ect...) When I flew my ship into close proximity with his to investigate, it also began to 'desintigrate'. It ceased taking damage when I flew away from his ship again. Eventually he saved a blueprint then scrapped the ship and we put a quarantine around the planet (thinking it had bugged and started acting as a sun) Later that that day he spawned his ship back in from the catalog and after a few minutes the entire ship dissapeared completely and he was disconected from the server. My ship was once again in close proximity (we were preparing for battle) and upon his ship dissapearing, I once again took damage similiar to that caused by being to close to the sun for a few minutes. What could cause this strange behaviour that is seemingly related to that specific ship?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    What were the sector coordinates of the planet in question? I\'ve had this happen to me before, I want to see if its the same sector that I had trouble with.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Was there a warning message when you took damage, or did blocks just start disappearing?

Reaction score
    Spawn a load of these in, and park them behind enemy stations or ships! I want this blueprint!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    dont forget that if its the ship causing this, then those ships also take damage

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I can\'t remember the sector (I will get it when the player who lived there logs on) and there was no warning of any kind of damage, blocks just started dissapearing.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It also happened to me, but i was on Single Player at the time and happened months ago

Reaction score
    Starmade does have a Warhammer Style warp.

And now it\'s starting to take hold!
    CREEPYPASTA TIME!

Reaction score
    This is a very very rare issue, I have only witnessed it once with a player, almost like a curse :P