Credits for Ship Designers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Basically it would be cool if the person who designed a ship got a share of the credits whenever someone else buys it off the catalog. In addendum, I think it would be cool if there were more stats like how many times ship X has been purchased and who purchased it.

Though obviously getting ship importing working flawlessly is more of a priority. This is just a cool little something-something I'd like to see.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I was just thinking this today it would add incentive to create awesome ships :3

Reaction score
    The problem with this is that once you own a ship, you can download and re-import the design, essentially stealing the creator\'s work. Some authentication would have to exist to ensure that you didn\'t add a ship that you didn\'t create.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The easiest way would be somewhere in the neighborhood of disallowing saving/exporting of a ship design if you yourself didn\'t build it. Like, if you didn\'t drop the core and then start tacking things on in the first place. I\'ve posted a couple times in threads to do with \"ownership\" of blueprints and controlling who can make them. It\'s a definite problem to be addressed if the creators want to respect the originality of designs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Agreed. It shouldn\'t be a \"hard lock\" however. It should default to not allowing another player to copy your ships, but there should be an option that unlocks it for all to copy. I mean, there are ships you want to be unique, and then there are ships that you would actually like seeing spread around.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, sure. The problem is that the moment somebody in your faction boards your uniquie fancypants ship for 30 seconds and saves his own copy ... all your work isn\'t unique any longer and he can just sell them or give them away to his buddies.

Even assuming you just give out copies of the ship to your faction for general use, one of them could edit one block on the ship so it\'s \"not the same ship\" anymore and save his own blueprint. There needs to be a much tougher scheme for controlling this kind of thing.