Credit Limit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please fix the credit limit, I know it can be done. I find it annoying when im trying to sell L5s and get caught at 2bil.

Reaction score
    Java can only accept numbers up to 2,147,483,647. This is the limit, it cannot be broken.

Reaction score
    The reason is because that is what 32 bit Java can handle, read this page and you will see what I mean. http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/datatypes.html Note: I am assuming that you know a bit about Java already or are familiar with other types of code.

Reaction score
    it mentions in that artical that there is another way to store numbers that goes up to roughly 9.2 quintillion (9,223,372,036,854,775,807).

mabey that could sovle the problem?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I honestly don\'t see the reason for more then 2bil anyways. But as stated it currently can\'t be done.

Reaction score
    Perhaps there should be a way of storing credits in plex storage? Or being able to put credits into an item which can then be placed in a plex storage?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    As a programmer I know it can easily be fixed(now if its needed is altogether different), not a java guy but I am pretty sure long would still work in 32 bit, if that ever fails it would also be easy enough to store the number in your own variable type which would have a second number in it(basically add a counter for how many times you have 2billion some credits)

Reaction score
    It probably (probably) won\'t work in 32 bit Java, that is the problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Anyways if that is truely the case, then yeah you could use a long, or you could use strings or use two or more ints. It would require more work, but there are newer ships that ive seen that cost over the set limit

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I tried with shops but they only hold said set limit, but the way around this is to be able to make it store like an entity I think...