Credit Limit Upgraded?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have been trying to buy the blueprints of a ship I made, and I can't because it costs 3 billion. This is problematic as the current credit cap is around 2.1 billion. Could this be increased in anyway?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I have been trying to buy the blueprints of a ship I made, and I can't because it costs 3 billion. This is problematic as the current credit cap is around 2.1 billion. Could this be increased in anyway?
    not to my knowledge. for anything beyond the credit limit use the /load command. you would use it like this

/load blueprintname shipname

ex. /load Fighter-Agni-MkII ilikepie

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Short of the official build being changed to use a 64 bit integer instead of 32 bit integer. Its a technical limit. Assuming the limit was changed, the whole HUD would need a slight change to accommodate the larger number range of +/- 9,223,372,036,854,775,808

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/datatypes.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

That is not say it wont happen, I can't read the dev's mind. But I would like to thing he would come up with a better way to handle ship purchases instead.

Reaction score
    Here's a clever idea - don't set prices of objects so high that you can pretty easily hit an integer limit. Game development basics.

Do a blanket reduction on all prices by ~90% (including basic starter creds), and we'll be golden.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Here's a clever idea - don't set prices of objects so high that you can pretty easily hit an integer limit. Game development basics.

Do a blanket reduction on all prices by ~90% (including basic starter creds), and we'll be golden.
    Agreed. Numbers in this game are stupidly high... You can often just slash zeroes off of them with no real negative effect. If prices are cut down, then Terrain blocks that you mine off of asteroids and planets will become a little less useless, too.

Reactions: Darkatus
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Terrain blocks are already useful given the extreme wackyness of the current manufacturing print system. Given enough turns at the 'buy print' button you can turn anything into a input and output anything in greater quantities than the input. In some cases you can even make a basic block like terrain out more of itself than you input effectively creating an infinite supply of basic resources.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No need to increase the credit limit. Just decrease the cost of blocks by one magnitude! That's pretty much like increasing the credit limit to 20 billion except that its simple config change.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Agreed. Numbers in this game are stupidly high... You can often just slash zeroes off of them with no real negative effect. If prices are cut down, then Terrain blocks that you mine off of asteroids and planets will become a little less useless, too.
    Yeah, I think that if prices were reduced and salvaging would have a actual use in the game, right now people mainly just raid and kill and salvaging has little use. I would love to see salvaging having a huge influence on the game.

*Edit* And by salvaging I don't mean put a build block on a planet and mine 1000 blocks at a time :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    And by salvaging I don't mean put a build block on a planet and mine 1000 blocks at a time :p
    Unfortunately that is the problem. People who actually do manufacture know its infinitely faster to build block than to build a salvage ship. That is because the build block functions as fast as you can click, and even faster than your screen can render!