Creature targeting

Reaction score
    I like where the game is going with the addition of creatures and AI crew. I have experimented with having both friendly and hostile AI crewmen, but I find that they are completely meaningless when set against vehicles or turrets of any kind.
    A suggestion that could increase the value of Creatures both as asset and threat would be to have the AI use exclusive targeting parameters. You would set your AI to only target ONE class of in-game object (or missiles).
    In this way, you the player (and your brave away team) could board an AI controlled ship and neutralize it from the inside. Several other players have suggested making ship cores vulnerable to handheld weapons. I would expand this to say that handheld weapons ignore shielding.

Two more ideas to make the "on foot" battle more interesting could be "Crawler" vehicles and mini turrets.

A "Crawler" vehicle would be bound by gravity and have similar mechanics to a player in gravity (but would be made of blocks). There may be some sort of tread blocks necessary.

A mini turret would be a simple turret that could fit in an enclosed space. Primary purposes would be antipersonnel and point defense. It might be limited in size.