Creative mode.

Reaction score
    There should be an option when creating a new world to completely turn off creative mode where you can not use it in that world.

Reaction score
    I don't see the point of it, you can't prevent yourslef from using it ?
    And there's actually an option in world select where you can enable or disable creative mode inventory !

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Yup. Just don't use it when making a new universe and don't enable it with admin commands. Done.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can not disable creative in single player, since you are admin. Dunno if this is a bug or not.

Reaction score
    You can not disable creative in single player, since you are admin. Dunno if this is a bug or not.
    You can, but it does not become permanent so you have to disable it for every session.

I'd call that a bug since as you are admin in single player, you can change /creative_mode PLAYERNAME true/false anytime anyway...

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Huh. I'm noticing that offline the admin at least has creative always on even if unticked. I disabled offline admin and unticked creative mode inventory and with a new character (name) still had CM on. It's as tho the offline server direct from the menu ignored that setting and defaults to on. Which makes sense since few play offline in survival mode.

I'm gonna try something else I'll report back on it later.

Edit: In three easy steps you can survival mode like the pros.
    Goto your SM folder usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\

First look for admins.txt and put some random crap on the first line so there's no risk of someone accidentally becoming admin. Or you can add one name you want to have admin power. But there has to be at least ONE entry in that text file. Any other admin names go on separate lines.

You'll then need to run starmade-launcher from the same directory. In the launcher (NOT THE MENU) use the Dedicated Server feature and press Launch. An unskinned (white, old style UI) Java window should pop up and load your default universe (which ever you set it to). Leave that window open.

Now re-use the same starmade-launcher and use the Play StarMade option and press Launch. Goto online mode and add this server: 127.0.0.1:4242
    Join your local host server as any name not previously used. That new name should not have admin or creative_mode at all.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kiraen