Read by Schine Creative Mode Improvements

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just thought of a few things that could improve creative mode and thought I should post them here.

• Load in your own blueprints
    Why can't we load in our own blueprints? By your own blueprints I mean blueprints you uploaded or saved. Right now we need to get an admin to spawn it in or go to a shop or something.
    • Delete entities spawned in by you
    Also, why can't we delete stuff we spawned in? We can easily set the build area to maximum and delete everything but that still takes time, especially if you have docked entities on the entity. Doing /destroy_entity_dock would be much faster and cleaner.
    • Tab+F8 into your ships
    Another super useful thing is tab+F8 but only admins can use it. Players in creative mode should also be able to do that but only on entities that belong to them.

I'm pretty sure the last two are possible with ships but I'm not so sure about space stations. It looks like stations don't list the creator. Also, you can't tab+F8 into space stations so the last idea definitely wouldn't work with stations.

I'm sure there are some other things that could be done to improve creative mode but these are all the ideas I had.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    agreed,this would be nice! It would help me too.. since I have creative on several servers,but no admin..and it stops me from doing my flagship projects there

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Allow me to add a suggestion to the OP.

Carry over hotbar after logging out!

It's a tremendous pain in my brain having to re-enter creative mode every time I log in, and then having to fill up the hotbar again.

A minor inconvenience, but over time, a huge nuisance.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Allow me to add a suggestion to the OP.

Carry over hotbar after logging out!

It's a tremendous pain in my brain having to re-enter creative mode every time I log in, and then having to fill up the hotbar again.

A minor inconvenience, but over time, a huge nuisance.
    Yes we do need the option to carry over hotbars after logout but the ability to clear them as well. I do find a clean slate useful sometimes. And while we are at it why not multiple hotbars in creative? I want a hotbar just for logic.

Reactions: terra mining corp.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yes we do need the option to carry over hotbars after logout but the ability to clear them as well. I do find a clean slate useful sometimes. And while we are at it why not multiple hotbars in creative? I want a hotbar just for logic.
    So tired of not being able to empty my hotbar.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Is this a suggestion for the creative mode option from the startup menu or the creative mode in game?

For a creative world, I'd say sure. But making these changes in on a server where not everyone has creative has to be considered. Tab-f8ing into your ships is a bit exploitive if you are trying to move around the universe.

Same goes with loading in entities from your personal blueprints list. If you are on a server where a few people have creative, that seems a bit unfair, since creative is on a per-person basis.

If there is the option to creative an entirely creative based server I am okay with this being an option for it, as well as single player worlds. Just gotta make sure.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is this a suggestion for the creative mode option from the startup menu or the creative mode in game?

For a creative world, I'd say sure. But making these changes in on a server where not everyone has creative has to be considered. Tab-f8ing into your ships is a bit exploitive if you are trying to move around the universe.

Same goes with loading in entities from your personal blueprints list. If you are on a server where a few people have creative, that seems a bit unfair, since creative is on a per-person basis.

If there is the option to creative an entirely creative based server I am okay with this being an option for it, as well as single player worlds. Just gotta make sure.
    Creative mode is great but you are are a little limited in what you can do. Lets say you have a server that has locked creative sectors for players to build to their hearts content but they are limited as to what they can do as "creative mode" you more or less have to build from scratch. You cannot spawn in half finished ships or turrets or jump from entity to entity such as you can do in a single player environment or with full admin rights. Of course if you can spawn in your own ships there should also be the ability to despawn them as well such as /destroy_entity but this would ONLY be usable on your own ships