Creating Salvo Fire

Nxn

Reaction score
    So I understand how logic blocks wire works by the concept, but blocks themselves don't have a lot of documentation in game for how they react to signals. The delay block for instance doesn't say anything about changing the amount of delay that it gives, and by linking an activation signal to a delay block seemed to confirm that it did nothing.

Is there any kind of setup that could mimic a 0.25 second or less delay in order to get the results I want from a circuit like this? Maybe it's impossible though, like logic blocks being restricted to only updating every 0.5 seconds.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Delay blocks update twice a second. If you want to go faster, you're going to have to use more complex rail clocks.

Nxn

Reaction score
    How exactly does a rail clock work? Do rails actually output a signal if you connect it with CV?

Reaction score
    All you need is an activator or button ether touching the rail, or connected with c+v (from rail to activator) and whenever a docked entity touches that rail, it will send a signal.

EDIT
    actually, it may need to actually touch the rail. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Don't want to spread misinformation!

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    All you need is an activator or button ether touching the rail, or connected with c+v (from rail to activator) and whenever a docked entity touches that rail, it will send a signal.

EDIT
    actually, it may need to actually touch the rail. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Don't want to spread misinformation!
    they normally do however they now have the ability to send logic signals to connected activators that arnt touching them.