Creating random factions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We need random factions other than "pirates" and "trading guild".

The possible names would be stored in a text file and the inside of the file would look like that:

lord, king,master,fear

of the, from the

night, shadow, dark

It would generate a name ranging from 'lord of the night' to 'master from the shadow' or 'fear of the dark' or you could have lines with a single word or repeting words to influence how often a word is used.

As well there should be a list to allow different ships to different factions. It would work a similar way except using blueprint names. That way there would be factions with very different ships as well as factions with a lower amounts of different ships.

Reaction score
    I\'d like to see stuff like this.

Would also be fun if AI ships would patrol random sectors, instead of just hanging in one.

There could be conflicts between AI ships from different factions running into eachtother, would be sick

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just want to be able to use the admin tool and make more NPC controlled factions. And also be able to specify which NPC factions spawn which blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would also like to be able to create npc factions specifying which blueprints are used for their ship spawns as well as a per faction wave spawn rate.
    Edit: perhaps even a per faction per sector wave spawn rate

Reaction score
    I would love to be able to set what ships these random factions use. u could give a faction a titan and an opposing faction lots of smaller ships, then sit back and watch the battle. Or better yet Ally with one side and join the war.