Creating in game npc factions.

Reaction score
    Soon there will be more NPC factions added to the game.

What could be fun is the ability to create or add new NPC factions into the game using blueprints. Say a server wanted to have an NPC faction that was loosely based off of Starwars/Startrek/BattleStar, ect... They could create the faction and add ships into it, then set its disposition toward the other factions and player/players in the game.

Could be fun.

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    Just gonna note that I really and truly hope that this is obvious and will be implemented rapidly with NPC factions.

Other than that, this is a good suggestion. Logical and (I'm sure) widely desired. Also, the ability to have NPCs in a player-made (As opposed to this suggestion, which seems to be more admin-oriented) faction spawning in chosen ships would be another neat yet obvious addition.

Reaction score
    Well my Idea was to have it so that a player in single player could do this, but on an multiplayer server it would have to be an admin as, everybody making faction would overload the server imo.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really hope this is a thing. It would be great if the default factions are not hard coded but added via some kind of customizable configuration so that they could be tweaked or removed or replaced on a per server basis as well as.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I concur. I would add to this by having the ability to save the faction in some kind of shareable format. kind of like the .sment files for ships and stations. That way people can upload entire factions to the community.

Reaction score
    I concur. I would add to this by having the ability to save the faction in some kind of shareable format. kind of like the .sment files for ships and stations. That way people can upload entire factions to the community.
    This would be the ideal. I would at the very least expect that the procedural factions are stored in some way that allows expansion. As well as giving the player/admin more variety and customisation it would allow players to have copyrighted factions. It's a good idea and I can't really see the down side.