Create Docking From Design

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Okay, so I designed this nice little AMS turret and I want to put about 20 of them on my new ship. One problem: there's no easy way to add it to the ship's design. I would have to:
    1. Complete the ship
    2. Construct a copy of the ship design
    3. Construct the desired number of turrets
    4. Attach said turrets manually
    5. Then deconstruct to design again to make final changes and begin mass production
    I'd rather just add several copies of the turret design directly onto the ship design. I wish this hadn't been left out.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I have to agree here that I'd like to see the facility to add turrets to a shipyard design directly instead of just adding the hard points to the design.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    That function would be cool, but how would you specify where? Perhaps selecting the modules to have them docked to, or something similar.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    In broad terms I think being able to select a Turret Rail axis on the design, with R directly or through a list in the shipyard computer menu and loading a turret design that is also stored in the shipyard as a docked entity on that location would be the way to go. However it's easy to speak in broad terms and something very different to actually implement it in code so this may not be feasible.

Maybe there can be a new place order option in the shipyard menu specifically for adding turrets to the hardpoints.

If this can be done I think it would also be easy to then further apply to any docking system so you could mount shuttles or docked reactors as part of a design and not just turrets. Or going farther construct entire modular ships into one larger ship.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is currently a "create docking" option, but it only lets you place an empty turret on the design. You CANNOT use a blueprint or design to do so.