Read by Council Create Dock - Place existing Blueprint/Design

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is something I'm sure the devs are working on but it'd be nice to have if able and that is the ability to place an existing blueprint or design when using the Create Dock button rather than having to make a new docked entity every time.

In a Shipyard since we have infinite blocks any blueprint or design could be used without worry about if it is filled or not since it'd be filled by the endless block supply in that virtual build space.

Now outside a shipyard the blueprint would have to be filled and in your inventory before it could be used or you'd have to have the resources to fill it completely on hand before you could deploy it directly to a dock.

In both cases this would speed things up but it'd also help in cases like shipyards where you are wanting to add an existing design or blueprint to the main one but don't want to have to remake it all the time to do so.

Anyone else have ideas to add? :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If a player has access to admin commands there should be an option to admin load the blueprint onto the selected dock. Also if you could select multiple docks and load the same blueprint onto all of them at the same time that would be nice.

Reaction score
    A mechanic like this is something i need. Placing 100 escapepods by hand is annoying. Also would help with upgrading my old ships turrets to new decent ones.

Reactions: nightrune

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, I think that when the ship is constructed, the core entity should get blocks first, then docked entities starting from those closest to the geometric/turning center outward, with the expectation that this algorithm will fill "internal" entities first, so that if parts run out, the external docked entities (E.g. turrets, docked ships) will be the ones missing blocks, instead of doors near the core and other important entities.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As a method for constructing a ship I fully support this, either in shipyards or with creative. To simply be able to spawn an entity already docked using existing materials seems like it could be abused. You could spawn entire ships and just bypass blueprints and shipyards all together. Another thing that may be an issue is what if a ship has multiple docking points, how exactly would you choose which rail docker that entity should use?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    As a method for constructing a ship I fully support this, either in shipyards or with creative. To simply be able to spawn an entity already docked using existing materials seems like it could be abused. You could spawn entire ships and just bypass blueprints and shipyards all together. Another thing that may be an issue is what if a ship has multiple docking points, how exactly would you choose which rail docker that entity should use?
    Scroll wheel I would imagine. As for crazy spawning. I agree completely. It's why we need to remove blueprints. I'm ok with ops suggested tool only in creative/admin and shipyard.