Crawling

Reaction score
    Sitting was a big step, but what if we took a step further. I know this has been siggested but, Wtf.(that must mean its a good ides :):p ) So, i think you should be able to crawl in like vents and stuff and to do so just hold O. If your in a shoot out then you should be able to like duck and stuff, to do so just press Down on the arrow keys and press it again to get up. And to take cover behind a wall, press < Left on the arrow key.

Reactions: PreparationsA-G
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sitting was a big step, but what if we took a step further. I know this has been siggested but, Wtf.(that must mean its a good ides :):p ) So, i think you should be able to crawl in like vents and stuff and to do so just hold O. If your in a shoot out then you should be able to like duck and stuff, to do so just press Down on the arrow keys and press it again to get up. And to take cover behind a wall, press < Left on the arrow key.
    Arrow keys are too hard to reach. Better use something like shift + WASD.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    This would be epic! Maybe players would be able to crawl against a wall to slowly climb it?

Reaction score
    This would give a whole new level of detail to ships and in fact just down on wasted space perhaps. I like it

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    And maybe players couldn't climb on ice or 'water'. Thus allowing players to add some defense against wall-climbing-base-attackers. :P

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    sounds more like crouching more than crawling but yes that would be extremely awesome.
    we already got the upper hand on Minecraft with Sitting in Vanilla. We should keep it going with more maneuverability options

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree with this, and was actually planning to post the same idea until I found this.

I've been building crawlways into most of my ships anyway to make things easier to see when building and repairing things (as well as giving me room to expand/reconfigure and to reduce mass) and this would give them added purpose

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Great idea. Make it so ice is slippery, you maneuver in water like you do in zero g, some crouching, punches and kicks, and when you click suicide you put a laser gun to your head and that is all the player animations we need. That's it.

Reaction score
    Climbing, going against walls for cover, and other environment based movement would be really cool. It should work pretty well within the grid system.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    HECK YES! More movement options!
    Climbing, going against walls for cover, and other environment based movement would be really cool. It should work pretty well within the grid system.
    This too. HECK MORE YES!

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm down for crawling and basic cover system. I really want boarding to be a thing and be fun. So when we get NPC factions boarding and looting the cargo ships is awesome.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You know, this is beginning to suggest to me that having to put life support/vents throughout the ship would be more than a chore.
    Not sure it needs to be part of life support, but having secret tunnels to get behind your enemies if they board, or to get to escape hatches (or trash compactors!) would be great!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Building ventilation ducts big enough to crawl through?? This is a direct violation of Rule #2 on Peter's Evil Overlord List! :schema:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Pretty sure I already suggested this along with a whole bunch of other physical actions, but... yeah, support.