10:01:36.86   

RESULTS:  
      Windows version: Windows 8 64-bit ....PASS   
      Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz  
      Memory: 8192MB RAM  
      Graphics Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 ....PASS  
      Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS
    • Log 1

My issue isn't that it crashes when it hits 100% - as soon as the game window itself comes up I've got maybe a full second before it closes. It claims it's a JVM crash but I've got no clue what's causing it. My Java's up to date, I just updated my drivers (via the Intel site, not the device manager, since it's Intel)...the log doesn't even look odd to me. That's not saying much, really, but I mean. It looks like it really started loading (I can find the name of my ship in there and everything!) but...nothing! I've tried single player, multiplayer, administrator mode, regular mode, rebooting, rechecking, heck, I even tried windowed/fullscreen/different resolutions just for the heck of it.

I've sifted through what threads I could find of relevance, but most of them seem to do with the crashes-at-100% issue, which I don't think is this one. I dunno. I'm super duper bummed about it. Any ideas, lovely people?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    • Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    • In-depth-info:
      Code:
      Starmade System Checker Report  
      Tue 12/09/2014  
      10:01:36.86   

RESULTS:  
      Windows version: Windows 8 64-bit ....PASS   
      Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz  
      Memory: 8192MB RAM  
      Graphics Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 ....PASS  
      Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS
    • Log 1

My issue isn't that it crashes when it hits 100% - as soon as the game window itself comes up I've got maybe a full second before it closes. It claims it's a JVM crash but I've got no clue what's causing it. My Java's up to date, I just updated my drivers (via the Intel site, not the device manager, since it's Intel)...the log doesn't even look odd to me. That's not saying much, really, but I mean. It looks like it really started loading (I can find the name of my ship in there and everything!) but...nothing! I've tried single player, multiplayer, administrator mode, regular mode, rebooting, rechecking, heck, I even tried windowed/fullscreen/different resolutions just for the heck of it.

I've sifted through what threads I could find of relevance, but most of them seem to do with the crashes-at-100% issue, which I don't think is this one. I dunno. I'm super duper bummed about it. Any ideas, lovely people?
    From the log, it probably is the sound causing the issue.

Reaction score
    Really? It's great if that's the issue, because that's about the only thing I haven't tried yet. I'll give a go at messing/updating/working with the sound then, and report back later. Thank you kindly stranger!

Reaction score
    I've tried updating audio drivers, disabling sound, etc., I'm still getting the same crash scenario. Maybe I've not found the right driver update? DxDiag says I've got:
    Name: Speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD)
    Driver version: 8.64.0052.0000

Reaction score
    VBO bulk mode is on (see log). (Also, the crash due to it being off happens at 100%.)
    I currently don't know what's happening here. Maybe a corrupt installation?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    VBO bulk mode is on (see log). (Also, the crash due to it being off happens at 100%.)
    I currently don't know what's happening here. Maybe a corrupt installation?
    According to kupu there once was a case of someone having to turn OFF VBO to play. Idk why or how that happened though.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    According to kupu there once was a case of someone having to turn OFF VBO to play. Idk why or how that happened though.
    Yea, unless he mis typed his settings.

We had a similar log a while back but instead of it stopping on a sound file, it was on the t002.png texture sheet. Turns out the downloader failed mid way through, restarted and the file was corrupt as a result.

Just a wild guess. Perhaps re-downloading to double check?

Reaction score
    Hello again friends, I tried deleting/uninstalling and re-DLing (both as standalone and through Steam) and same issue.
    Not sure how to turn VBO off (or what that is, I'm decent with computers enough to get by, but not like, really, lol) but I'd be willing to try it!

The log still ends on:
    [2014-12-10 17:24:08] LOADING SOUND: data\audio-resource\Actions\0022_action - buttons push big.ogg

So I guess it's the same issue. Always nice to know I'm at least standing still and not moving backwards. Or something.