crash on 100% loading

Reaction score
    this is a re occurring bug for me on build {20150802_160440 v0.19361 (release)} or higher here is the error
    Critical Error

RuntimeException:data//shader/skin/skin-tex.vert.glsl
    RuntimeException:data//shader/skin/skin-tex.frag.glsl

Fragment info

---------------
    0(11): errorC5041: cannot locate suitable resource to blind parameter "viewDirection"

LINK STATUS: 0

link to the serverlog.txt
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwFeTvpnKs7iTkYtQ3hVblFpZVk/view?usp=sharing
    any information would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    this is a re occurring bug for me on build {20150802_160440 v0.19361 (release)} or higher here is the error
    Critical Error

RuntimeException:data//shader/skin/skin-tex.vert.glsl
    RuntimeException:data//shader/skin/skin-tex.frag.glsl

Fragment info

---------------
    0(11): errorC5041: cannot locate suitable resource to blind parameter "viewDirection"
    I can't for the life of me find that thread again, but recently someone reported a similar issue and found that their internet service provider had a deep packet inspection filter that changed the content of these files.

I'd open them up with a text editor and look at their contents, and if necessary download the game again from the alternative download.

EDIT: Found it! Turns out, their files were .vsh not .glsl, but it wouldn't hurt to look at them regardless. Might or might not be the same underlying issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I had a crash that referenced two other files, but it seems to have poofed mysteriously.... along with several of my suggestion posts... o_O