Crash of Build block enter

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay so when i place a build block on a planet and try to enter it the game crashes. anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
    Yeah, it happens to me any time I access a build block. Someone said in another post that it has to do with the block preview recently added. Here is a temporary fix that sometimes work:

Before entering the build block (with the game running) go to the starmade folder and open the \"settings.cfg\" file to edit it. Search for \"G_PREVIEW_TO_BUILD_BLOCK_TEST\" and make sure the following value is \"= false\" (if not, change it and save the file). Then right click the file, go to \"properties\" and make it \"read only\".

If this fix works, make sure you never drop an item from your inventory while in build mode. That seems to crash the game without solution.

You should be able to access the build block now without crashing the game. At least it works for me. But you seem to have to do the same every time you want to access it or another build block again. It\'s a pain but it will have to do until the fix comes.

Reaction score
    I\'ve been having this issue intermittently myself. My fix for it is a bit strange but it\'s worked so far; before entering the build block open your options menu and -enable- the build block preview if it isn\'t checked already. Accept the changes, exit the menu, then go back in and disable it again. Upon entering the build block the preview feature should be disabled now. When i don\'t follow these steps, even if the preview box is unchecked, it often seems to be enabled anyway.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been having the same problem ever since the recent update. I try to enter the build block on my station and I crash. I had the same error about 2 updates ago but it was fixed. Luckily my ship build mode still works perfectly, even advanced build mode and preview blocks on. I simply can\'t enter the build block on the station. I will try these fixes soon, but hopefully there is another update in the near future that will once again fix this issue. I remember last time, nearly half the players, if not all (but only some actually posted) of the entire game crashed in build block mode. Hopefully this error does not continue to happen in future updates.

Reaction score
    same with me, something to do with nullpoint i think

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I removed every single block from the station and tried to enter the build block again -> crash

But: Restarted the game and tried it again -> works fine o_O

Whatever causes this problem, i guess it is not a good solution to start each broken station from scratch ;D

*EDIT: maybe it has to do with damaged blocks. Got the problem again now... same as with version 1 of the station, it happenend after some pirates passed by and shot me and the station.

Reaction score
    Has any of you been able to send a crash report about this issue? Because, when I try to, my whole computer crashes :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes i sent 2 - 1 with the NullPointerExc and 1 with the OpenGLExc about the array stuff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve got this a few times, i just stayed away from the build block

i managed to sent the report ok though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The bad thing is, i a playing singleplayer and doin my private little adventure there... Now i got enough stuff to start a factory line, but building a station is... not possible this way =/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, I\'ve been building a station for ages and I thought the preview block option was enabled (as I saw a preview of the block I was going to place (only in a build block with preview block set to OFF), which I thought everything was fine and dandy, but just recently I went to go build a spaceship and I found myself turning ON the preview block option as it was disabled. Time passed and I needed to do more work on the station and the moment I entered the build block, it crashed again (I can repeat this issue every single time). I turned preview block back OFF and I could enter the build block just fine AND the preview block was still ON while in the build block BUT it was OFF in the OPTIONS menu.

I think it may be a conflict with the option for a build block being coded to be on and when you enter with the option turned ON the game crashes as the setting changes... Maybe you have it naturally set to zero with the option OFF and that all the option does is add one to the setting (instead of a \"set\" sort of adjustment), but with the build block already at one, it changes to two and crashes.

Hope this help Schema!

This was done a multiplayer server and I can reproduce the problem in single-player as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really thought this was gonna be fixed in the recent patch :( Its been like a week and I still cant build my planet base

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep, I\'m still getting this crash too. Bloody annoying when trying to build a spacestation/home for your faction :P