Couple of Noob Questions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello all,

1. I was wondering if I drill deep down into a planet, will I find bigger clusters of ore and special ore types like in minecraft where you dont find diamonds on the surface, you have to go deeper into the ground?

2. I know a capacitor stores energy, is that the purpose of the power capacitor, to store energy up when it is not being used?

Thank for the help!

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    1. If you drill deep into a planet you just find a large non voxel/block core which can be destroyed to blow up the planet if you have a big enough weapon. Overall asteroids are currently far better for getting resources.
    2. Power capacitors increase you're ships max energy storage (50,000 by default), they are more efficient when placed in a single large group.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    1) sort of, there are more mats below the dirt than there are in the dirt, I don't remember if it varies in concetration though because it's easy to make a ship to mine whole plates instead of sections.
    2) once again, sort of. It stores any energy that you have excess being produced and allows you to still be able to have something draining energy if it takes more than being produced. It is also required for some weapons because their power demands are high enough that to fire they take more than the default on the core.

Reactions: AtraUnam
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for the replies. I think I have a much better understanding now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Another thing to keep in mind about your power capacitors is that they determine how much power you can spend in one go.

Even if you produce 1,000,000 e/sec, of you can only store 50,000 power in total, then you will never save up enough to fire a weapon that costs 50,001 energy per shot.

Long short, always make sure you have at least as much capacity as you do generation.