Coreless ;(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just started the game today. Completed the tutorial in sandbox mode then immediately got blitzed no less than 6 AI and killed. Problem is on respawn I don't even have enough for a new core because I spent it all in the tutorial.

Suggestion: give out a freebie core on the first death and explain why your core was destroyed and how this will happen often and is significant. Sort of a missed opportunity to stress the importance of planning ahead :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    all you could do is restart the universe, that\'s how I did it when I would make a cool small ship and lost. The first time I played I probably restarted to universe around 5 times, after that I was able to make better ships through trail and error

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I seem to remember getting a free core the first time I died in tutorial. Has this been removed?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @InsanityApe: \'Splain me... I\'ve actually been looking for how to reset/create universe. Like I said, just starting (going on an hour?)

@XHawk87: If it was a thing then I can confirm that it is no longer a thing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Woo! Go go launcher! New universe, new lease on life. Thank you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh no problem, actually I hadn\'t play starmade in a while due to moveing so I had forgetten where it was, but since you found it then you\'re welcome. If you see this here is a tip, don\'t make large blocks out of battery blocks, don\'t place your battery blocks in lets say a 5x5x5 formation. You will actually get a lot less energy output like that, you will see if you want to test it out yourself, if you place them in a line you will get even more energy out of it. Having 20 batteries in a line gives you more energy then 50 in a cube.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Damn. That\'s bananas. So serial > parallel. I\'ll remember that. Thanks! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Learned it the hard way, made this awesome looking gunship but I wasn\'t getting enough enery even though I had like 70 energy blocks in a cube formation, so I had to add more large cubs of just batteries. It was looking more like an antenna then a gunship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For some reason I can\'t enter the cockpit to fly my ship... The core is completely enclosed with armor and shielding. Is this normal?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That seems like a flaw in design... The core is the most important part of the ship, right? Why should it be exposed?

Reaction score
    You don\'t have to expose it, there are also doors in the game, so you could make a hollow cube around the core with a door in it to be able to enter it.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    You can choose whether or not to build a cockpit / Bridge to control your ship from. I tend to build a room around my Core and Computers, then armour plate it before adding sheilds. you can be quite creative with that.

If they get your shields down, they might punch through to your core very quickly though, so be careful ;)

TLDR my guess is it\'s exposed so you have to go up and click on it, forcing some design options.

nothing to stop you removing a \"plug\" block or blocks from over the core before entering and then quickly replacing the blocks in Build mode though. That\'s how I protect my Bobby AI\'s on Turrets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cool. Thanks for the info. Yeah it just seemed weird that there\'s no \"door\" by default so you have to trigger the Core directly to enter. From what Archer6621 is saying I\'ll probably just build a hollow cube for entry