Core Error?

Reaction score
    I hit "C" on the core and it selectes it. When I try to place thrusters it does not connect (not purple). I am in the ship build mode.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Firstly, thrusters do not need to be connected to the core, so they will not be purple. If you, however, mean the antimatter cannons, they need to be connected to the weapons computer, not the core.

Reaction score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owIuwXHOULE said they need to. Where do I put them then?

Reaction score
    You just put the thrusters where you want on your ship. There\'s no need to try and link the thrusters to the core. But, you need to have energy in order for the thrusters to work.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I watched the video, and you do not need to link thrusters to the core. If that was ever necessary, keep in mind that video is old enough that much has changed in the game.

Tip: If something needs to be connected to the core, or weapons computer/ etc. and is not, when you go to fly your ship, or shoot your weapons, they will simply not work. So if you go to fly your ship, try to move your finished ship, and it doesn\'t move, then something is wrong.

Again, you need power blocks placed for your ship to have the power to use the thrusters. But currently, you do NOT need the thrusters connected to the ship core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It was necessary at one point (take a look at the Isanth\'s engines) but is no longer a feature.