Core drilling under the new HP system

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    OK, so I haven't had a chance to test out the latest update yet (though it sounds exciting), and won't be able to for a while, but a thought occurred to me. What happens under the new HP system if the core is destroyed? Under the new system a ship will start to overheat if half the ship has been destroyed, but what if the core were in the half that was destroyed? Does it start to overheat immediately when the core is hit, or is the core left as an indestructible block sitting in the middle of nowhere?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    At one point, the core was set to a state where shots would pass through it. Currently, the HP of the core is more or less the Ship HP, I think you can continuously fire at it to take down HP until it overheats? Not sure, too lazy to test.
    Azereiah played with it though.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    haven't tested this but i believe once the Core runs out of block HP, The pilot is abruptly pulled out of it and you might need to reboot the ship in order to get back in.

Reaction score
    Core takes damage like normal but it can't be destroyed and after a certain point nothing happens if you shoot it, or it is a very marginal effect, you don't get dumped out of the core until the ship overheats. I tested it little bit earlier

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The core being invulnerable (until the rest of the ship is destroyed) makes the most sense, though of course it means that if your core is in the part of the ship that gets destroyed, then when the ship starts overheating you will get dumped out straight into the path of the enemy guns.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    if your core is in the part of the ship that gets destroyed, then when the ship starts overheating you will get dumped out straight into the path of the enemy guns.
    Do you have a problem with that? I think that's perfectly acceptable :P

Reaction score
    unless you are shooting the isanth ships and miossles just go straight through the middle of the ship with 70% of the ship still intact so it cant be killed without lucky side shots or a manual cannon