Core Docking

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Old request, but bringing it up again.

Could we get back to the docking beam originating from either the core or the camera we are currently using? Still have the ship dock at the location the docker is located, but make it so we don't have to go through quite as much hell trying to dock a large ship due to weird docker placement?

Reaction score
    In case there is several rail docker, which one is used ? How do you define that ?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    In case there is several rail docker, which one is used ? How do you define that ?
    Same way you do now. Select the docker on your hotbar.

Only request here is to make the beam originate from the core or your active camera so you can actually aim the damned thing while still maneuvering your ship.

Reaction score
    Old request, but bringing it up again.

Could we get back to the docking beam originating from either the core or the camera we are currently using? Still have the ship dock at the location the docker is located, but make it so we don't have to go through quite as much hell trying to dock a large ship due to weird docker placement?
    Can't you just make a docking camera?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you have several dockers, how do you find out which one is which, if all their beams originate from the same block?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can't you just make a docking camera?
    If the docking port is on the side, you can't move the ship.

Try it, make a dock with a camera facing sideways. You can no longer maneuver, which means you end up switching to the docking camera to see if the rail is in sight. Then you switch back to move forwards a bit. Then switch back to the docking camera again, lather rinse repeat until you get it right.

Having a forward facing camera for a dock isn't always viable, and its a huge pain in the ass trying to dock with a side facing one.
    [doublepost=1476378734,1476378687][/doublepost]
    If you have several dockers, how do you find out which one is which, if all their beams originate from the same block?
    Um, you know your ship?
    Do you really right now cycle through every docker on your hotbar trying to figure out which one is which?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Um, you know your ship?
    Do you really right now cycle through every docker on your hotbar trying to figure out which one is which?
    The dockers in the weapons menu are identical. I put them in the hot bar an test where the beam comes from and then rearrange them in a logical order.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I arrange my dockers so I always know which are likely to be forward, port, starboard, aft etc and I place them in the same places on the hotbar. Or in the case of many dockers, on an additional hotbar or two.

I use the beam from the docker as a guide for me selecting the right one when placing them in the appropriate slot on the hotbar(s). If that is gone, it's going to be a hell of a mission figure that out.

Using cameras at the docking port allows you to easily drive your ship into position.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps the fix is to make it so cameras can drive from any orientation

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Perhaps the fix is to make it so cameras can drive from any orientation
    Flying a ship while looking sideways or backwards is of course awkward, but players aren't forced to do that. So I don't see a problem with that, unless it's a technical problem I'm not aware of.