Core & Computer Systems Management

Reaction score
    I'm pretty new to the game and have been playing the dev build mostly. if the things I say make no sense it is likely because of my newbie-ness or because i use the dev build.

That said I love the fact parts of ships can break off. I can only assume that broken off parts will lose connection to the main ship and become uncontrolable. That means some sort of system is in place to see if X is connected to Y.

This gave me the following idea. Apologies if this has been suggested before but I was unable to find anything with the search function.

• Add a power management computer.
    • The closer generators are to the management computer. The more they generate. (By a low percentage)
    • The distance from the power management computer to the ship core will -decrease- power generation. (Also by a low percentage)
    • Give similar "boosts" to the weapon computers regarding their proximity to their respective weapons.
    • Increase power usage of the weapons depending on the distance from the ship core. Minus a boost from their proximity to a power management computer.

There are a few issues with these ideas. I havn't really found a way to link the stealth systems in.
    And the main idea in my head was that systems could be damaged and knocked offline by damage. But if you need to slice a ship in half before all the blocks let go then obviously the disconnected systems would fail regardless. Perhaps make it so hardened hull can not let these "connections" through?

There are a few holes here but then again it's 7AM and I just had this pop in my head and wanted to write it down before I forget. Perhaps the community can carry this into fruitation.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You made a good one :) - for a newbe :p (see the last sentence) It would at least nerf shotguns on big ships ( they LAG )

Currently power consumption is increased by number of weapons connected to the core I heard somewhere... Do you want to balance small ships, medium, big, huge, lolsized or all of them?

Fighter-pilots want to kill something and not die instantly, battleships pilots want to be safe from a small fighter (and not even lose turrets).

How do you want to solve this issue? And did you try to solve something of it with this suggestion?

The problem I see is, that players will find a way around it. They will make turrets and bunker-ships inside the big ones shielding and thus get a core where they want it.

Good luck - you will need it.

Reaction score
    Currently power consumption is increased by number of weapons connected to the core I heard somewhere... Do you want to balance small ships, medium, big, huge, lolsized or all of them?

Didn\'t know about that one. I also don\'t have experience in fleet gameplay at all. I was trying to change how the systems work on every ship.

Fighter-pilots want to kill something and not die instantly, battleships pilots want to be safe from a small fighter (and not even lose turrets).

How do you want to solve this issue? And did you try to solve something of it with this suggestion?

As far as i can see there is no new issue at all. It doesn\'t change the inherant mechanics of the game. I don\'t mean for the bonus effects to change be game breaking. Only enough to make the position of these systems more interesting and important.

The problem I see is, that players will find a way around it. They will make turrets and bunker-ships inside the big ones shielding and thus get a core where they want it.

The problem I already see is that this already happens. And this system was sort of a half baked attempt to try and make system placement more important so you -can\'t- just cram everything together in a single core and put 50 layers of hull and shields around all sides.

Granted that weapons being able to fire through your own ship does completely trash this idea though.
    One day I will make a flawless suggestion.. One day...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Granted that weapons being able to fire through your own ship does completely trash this idea though.

I think docked can not shot throught the dock (main ship). But they don\'t do damage either.

It is just hard to hit a gun looking out of a 3x2 or 5x4 hole (docking has a small offset (half block)).