Coordinates in weapon consoles' weapon pos lack negatives

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Edit: I think you just &0x0f'd your weapon pos coordinates' components for some reason. Not going to concern myself with whether that was before or after the coordinate systems were rotated by the orientation of the CPU (because there's probably no way to know until this is fixed). The rest of this post is probably irrelevant now. Original Post for Historical Purposes: The coordinates in weapon pos appear to be centered around an origin which is neither based on the core as far as I can tell nor the consoles, but anyways, the problem is that when negative (whichever direction(s) those are) they do not show a minus sign. So I have placed, for instance, weapons which are 16 tiles apart but both claim to be at the same coordinates (8,4,8), and I can repeat it easily with any of the weapons systems by placing one, seeing what its coordinate is, seeing which direction decreases the coordinate, and then going twice its distance in that direction to reach the identical coordinate on the other side of that axis' zero. This could make it difficult to locate weapon units in a large ship by their coordinates. These are not the same coordinates as used by the consoles or cloakers, either - the coordinate systems are rotated by the consoles' rotation, at the very least, if not using a different origin as well, which could make it even more confusing to track down weapon units. I'd include a screenshot of the coordinates, but the little tiny box cannot fit more than one of the coordinates in its little tiny display at once. Here's a screenshot of my test setup instead (and an unrelated ship for trying to figure out how docking dimensions work): http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26452959/testweaponpossetup.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Addendum: I just moved the weapon computers and turned them around, then started from 10,whatever,whatever, went over two placing the weapons each time as they counted down to 0, and then 0 - 2 was... 14?

What is this I don\'t even?

(Hmm, and 0-1 = 15, did you just &0f these?)