Convoluted

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I
    am prototyping a docking mechanism that I was putting into this beautiful biatch here. The Harrower.
    http://imgur.com/cFKWeUA

I wanted this system to save space, so that the full complement of fighter craft could be docked and sorted neatly into the ship. So far (as you can see) it's kind of clunky. I was curious if anyone had any ideas for trimming it down a little?
    http://i.imgur.com/E0BLrSl.gifv

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    one rail can 'service' 4 buttons so you can change the direction of 4 rails independently from each other. Not a massive space saver but every little helps!

If this doesnt make sense then i'll try put a screenshot up later when I get home from work

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    one rail can 'service' 4 buttons so you can change the direction of 4 rails independently from each other. Not a massive space saver but every little helps!

If this doesnt make sense then i'll try put a screenshot up later when I get home from work

I wouldn't mind seeing a demonstration. The older I get, the less I can "imagine" without seeing an example.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I need sleep, so for now have a picture. I'll whack an explanation tmw if it is needed.

As for the pic, notice the orientation of the rails and the button that is active

Might save you a little bit of space

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is it possible to have a fifth and sixth above and below the rail block too?
    (I know for a picture that wouldn't work out so well..)

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is it possible to have a fifth and sixth above and below the rail block too?
    (I know for a picture that wouldn't work out so well..)
    It's possible, it just needs to share a face, but six is the maximum for one rail though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I need sleep, so for now have a picture. I'll whack an explanation tmw if it is needed.

As for the pic, notice the orientation of the rails and the button that is active

Might save you a little bit of space

This is remarkably helpful, thank you!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Any time :)

And yes it is possible to have a button for each face of the rail, but for debuggin purposes on more complicated builds I'd advice leaving the face of the rail with the rail texture visible so that you can see which buttons change to which direction