Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Controllable turrets will work like this:
    A new block is to be added, called a "turret control" block. It will allow you to get on the turret without going to the turret's core or pressing up/down.

The turret control block will be wirelessly connected to the core of the turret barrel. The turret control block can act like a ship core but for another entity.

Why, you ask? This is an attempt to make player crews in a single ship more interesting, even though many want to be on their own.

btw sorry keptic for the meme shits

Last edited:
    Reactions: Parameter
    Reaction score
    Are you proposing this to work only with docked entities or do you want this to function with undocked entities also?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    why not have turret-follow AI that follow your aiming direction? i think that's possibly the most useful for some ships that can't turn very fast

Reaction score
    Why shouldn't this just be expanded to the concept of a helm? See this suggestion, it's the exact same concept but not...limited. http://starmadedock.net/threads/cockpits-simple-solution-remote-core-access.4650/

The idea simply being that you can get in from somewhere other than the core, which might not be easily accessible, or simply not in the helm of the ship. It could just as well be used to accomplish what you want here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So, kind of like the turrets in Star Wars Battlefront 2, when your doing a space battle? I really liked being able to control the turrets in that game. I think it would work well with this game because if the turret is destroyed, the player will not be killed. They will just be ejected from the block, so that player could then man another turret, or defend against boarding parties.
    I agree with that thread because I think the visual affects of controlling the ship, but your character still be visible in his/her seat would be cool.

Reaction score
    Actually, having reread the post, this idea is different. Because in the thread I posted the helm goes on the entity you want to use, but for this the helm would be on a totally separate entity from the turret itself. I mean, I can see that being abused if it wasn't refined a bit, but I do like the idea.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Let me try to clarify with an example, just in case:
    Say you're a crew member. You want to control a turret. The problem is, the core is buried deep within the turret. So, to solve this, the turret control block lets you hop on the core of the turret.

This thread is not about being able to aim with a turret while flying around in your main ship.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    why not have turret-follow AI that follow your aiming direction? i think that's possibly the most useful for some ships that can't turn very fast
    We need that, as well as the OP's suggestion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    This suggestion would be a great addition to the game. I understand it as being a block which "wirelessly" connects to a docked core, and when entered, switches you to the connected core for easy access. Once you leave the core, instead of floating outside the turret ship core, you spawn outside of this block.