Control Chairs: Remote Core Control

Reaction score
    After thinking about some things that I'd like to do with cores, I saw a few other threads or posts suggesting things like control chairs. However, what I had in mind (hopefully) wouldn't change the ship damage/destruction system too drastically.

Control chairs would be objects with an ability to display the user sitting in them, which would be acquired and placed as a separate object. This is so that they can be tied to various different kinds of computers and cores. (Not just ship cores.) When used, they would allow for control of the system(s) tied to them without having to directly climb into the core/computers.

In order to make a control chair usable, it needs to be linked to a computer or core block. This can allow for subdivision of ship system controls between members of a crew, as well as providing a means to control ships and systems without having to climb into the actual cores/computers.
    Control chairs can be tied to the main core of a ship, allowing for a pilot or captain's chair. They can also be tied to multiple cores/computers, such as for allowing a pilot to manually control turret systems while flying.

Multiple control chairs could even be linked to the same system(s) or core, allowing for things such as auxiliary bridges for ships. I figure that only one player could be in control of the same system(s)/core at the same time. Any other linked chair(s) would become merely decorative until the other person actively using the system(s)/core left their chair.

In regards to turret control, control chairs can be linked to take control of turrets (or possibly even drones). However, remote turret control would require the turret or turrets linked to a chair to be actively connected to the starship containing the chair via docking.
    Ideally, this could also allow for remote control of drones, but would likely require a transmitter/receiver block connected to the drone and control chair to allow for wireless communication. (I can settle for just turret control, however, although this would be very cool.) Remote control for ships/turrets not connected to the main ship would not be possible without these transmitter blocks.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    in some chats with scheema and mushroom fleet they are also confirmed as coming soon.

Reaction score
    in some chats with scheema and mushroom fleet they are also confirmed as coming soon.
    Really? Great! I'd love to be able to finally set up bridges which are functional but don't leave critical system and ship controllers exposed. Not to mention any realism or RP value.

Reaction score
    Really? Great! I'd love to be able to finally set up bridges which are functional but don't leave critical system and ship controllers exposed. Not to mention any realism or RP value.
    Yeah, I hope by 'soon' they mean within October. I doubt it though, as we're getting progress with the environment first.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Each update is like a Christmas present.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Planned; should be in by next January but IDK.