Continuous Rotation "Rails"

Noc

Reaction score
    A no logic infinite degree (360 self repeating) rotation rail block. Everyone is making spinny bits with the 90 degree turns and logic, which is both jerky and overcomplicated. Seems like a low cost high value addition.

Bearing pivots (turrets that are not locked in place without input) would also be great.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I think the community needs to realize that it it is more desirable to add functionality to an already existing block before adding a completely new block to the game.

As far as my own tests are concerned, I managed to get the block to instantly continue rotating on a rail corner. It turned into a turret axis. This may be a bug, but I believe it is possible that it is already a feature. The devs know exactly what kind of functions we want to perform. Constant rotation is at the top of that list.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Bench made a video on how to get additional turn radius-es with the Rail Corner. He also said that a 180 degree turn might be added later. (skip to 5:34 for the explanation)

Reactions: mrsinister
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bench made a video on how to get additional turn radius-es with the Rail Corner. He also said that a 180 degree turn might be added later. (skip to 5:34 for the explanation)
    We need to starts putting all this rail info into Wiki.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It is possible with the rail rotator block and activation module to get a continuously spinning 360 block.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    We need to starts putting all this rail info into Wiki.
    Agreed, Will probably get started on that this weekend but at the same time I want to wait a little since much of the rail mechanics are still being implemented.

It is possible with the rail rotator block and activation module to get a continuously spinning 360 block.
    do you plan on making another video explaining the 45 degree circuit better? The one you gave in the video shows how tired you were

Noc

Reaction score
    Mildly off-topic: this reminds me, there really needs to be a "continuous activation" logic block. On topic: that doesn't really help the problem that the movement is staggered. I understand the goal is base functionality first, but we are literally talking about the wheel here. Rails is already shaping up to be a killer feature, but I really must protest lumping in "the wheel" under the category of 4 quarter turns, repeat.