Read by Council Construction Yard - Shipyard for Stations

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I was thinking since we have a way to build ships in a virtual space why not do that for stations as well?

Construction Yard Computer: Allows for the building of stations in a virtual sector just like the shipyard does for ships. It's modules are placed in large arcs and also many computers can be linked via Wireless Blocks to expand the build area. When placed on a turret with an active AI Set to Construction Mode for its target it allows the Arcs made to change position as needed more often to speed up the construction process.

Construction Yard Module: These are linked to a Construction Yard Comp in large arcs. Each arc made fires out a thick beam with the space of the arc itself as the output. Wider spaces allow for both larger build areas and faster build times. A second arc can be crossed with a single one to create a drum setup to speed this up further. (It's basically two arc groups making an X at their connection point making them one group)

Like the shipyard the construction yard uses arcs but they have no defined shape and also the arcs and the CYCs are placed on turrets or the main ship to change the build area dynamically.

The general idea here is these are mounted on ships rather than stations allowing for the build area to be changed at will based on how much power the ships can output but also the number of arrays on each ship. To use a multiple entity construction yard you need the wifi blocks connecting them and they all need to be connected to at least one master construction yard computer on one of those entities.

The general idea here is this would allow for building of stations in a dynamic space and as long as the ships creating the build area remained in their setup orbits around it than you could build anything you wanted. The Construction Yard when active overrules the AI's priority to attack an enemy as long as it is active, any turrets and ships without the construction yard active on them will fight like normal so you'd be able to have construction yard ships that could shoot back and build at the same time.

Meanwhile while the construction yard is active all ships will be forced to orbit a fixed center point but their orbits can be changed manually by either getting in the main ship or turret and adjusting the orbit or by just walking up the the main computer in the setup and inputting a new radius to orbit at.

The rest of the things about how the construction yard works are all seen in the shipyard, so it can setup designs and output them to BPs, also able to pull from storages and other inventories.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    New Counsel so time to get this in view again. :)

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    I imagine there is a plan for where this is going, though I am not privy to it.

Gotta say though, I love the idea of a design computer letting you work on a blueprint in a 'virtual sector.' That would be awesome.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That seems like a lot to implement in terms of coding.

I was thinking that a Station "Home" block would be spawned in like a "Station Core" that you load a blueprint into and then AstroTech beam turrets would shoot it and the station would build by branching outward from the "Station Core." Then the stronger the AstroTech turret the faster it'd build.