Constant "GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY" Popup

Reaction score
    Version: .1401 (Latest Normal Version) Graphics Card: Intel HD 3,000 Driver: Latest Available

When playing online (have not tested offline yet) and using build mode on either a ship or a station, the game constantly pulls up the following popup:

Critical Error

GLException: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY
    -Insert 99% of issues Intel Card message (It says the whole thing)

The following choices are presented:

Retry Send Crash Report Exit

This is the exact same text presented when the game would ordinarily crash at 99-100% loading. What makes it so odd is that this comes up in the middle of the game after having played for around 15-20 minutes. Selecting Crash Report/Exit will exit the game, yet hitting Retry will allow me to continue playing, albeit this thing pops up in another 15 seconds. I am certain the issue is not with the graphics card, perhaps the game is displaying this at the wrong time though?

And if it comes down to the title of it being out of memory being correct, I can't make the game take any more memory. If you exceed a certain limit (Around 1,000/250/65) the game will just crash on launch.

I need help! This is very annoying as it comes up every 30 seconds or so, and if there is an easy fix, it would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
    1. Try playing with the \"Max segments (view distance)\" setting.
    2. As the game memory settings in the launcher are for the JVM, I do not believe that this has any impact on this particular problem.
    3. If you didn\'t do this already, search the forums. Many people with Intel graphics have countless problems, so maybe there is somewhere an answer for you.
    4. You may be able to find additional information in the log files (log.txt.0 probably is the one you\'re looking for).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    For some reason, starmade won\'t recognize the extra max if your initial isn\'t set to the same value.