Console Command Help + Check Update

Reaction score
    Hey guys,

I'm re-writing a server manager program I made last year from a vb form into a c# console application, and I'm wanting to clean up a few methods of functionality.

First off, I'd like to know if there is a file online or something that contains the current live version, that I can compare with my servers installed version, to detect updates.

Secondly, I'd like to update the game from command line, without it starting the server right after (I believe using -nogui does this, or am I wrong?)

Reaction score
    First check https://registry.star-made.org/api/v1/current_version .

The StarMade launcher will not start the server once the update is finished (sadly, due to a bug, it will not close either). To update the server simply run "java -jar ./StarMade-Starter.jar -nogui" via your terminal. You have to close the program once the update is finished. The last file to update is the version file, so you can use it as a reference at the moment. As this is a bug, behaviour will change in the future.

to start the server run an command like this:
    "cd /home/starmadedegamesrv/srv1/StarMade/
    screen -d -m -S starmadedesrv1 java -Xms128m -Xmx4096m -jar ./StarMade.jar -server -port:4000".

A sample command is also included with the server files.