connecting a orbital platform to a planet, possible?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would it be possible to make a loop down, and connect the platform in the picture to the bottom of the planet, avoiding gravity??
    If so, will that mean the planet becomes part of my homebase protected area (orbital platform is faction home)?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/martinuzzz/starmade-screenshot-0006_zps8ee67bc1.png

Reaction score
    Unless you fully surround the planet in stuff like hull, it wont be protected

Reaction score
    You can\'t connect the two objects. Though, you can build from the planet a long slim tower and build your station in space the cut the blocks linking. They will share the attributes of the planet, meaning faction, shields, power, protection, gravity etc.

It\'s an alternative.

Reaction score
    If you want it to be invuln, you will need to set the PLANET as your home base and extend it up into the platform (delete / recreate the platform as part of the planet). You will then have planet gravity as well though

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thanks for the replies.
    I was looking to combine them, while still keeping no gravity on the platform.
    I understand now that that is not possible, because you cannot join two entities (except by docking)