Config option to disable homebase protection altogether

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Basically as the title says, allow a homebase to retain protection while you have faction points as usual, or not at all.

This would be a useful option for servers to configure for a more PvP oriented or dangerous environment, resource storage would be less insurable and may be spread out, including ships docked & blocks spent in one huge homebase sector.

A config option like this would be a handy tool for a more hardcore & PvP oriented server, that would require decent knowledge of the games .xml files to fully utilize without falling apart under typical community prodding (just jumping well outside of default scan ranges, nonfac/cloaker poking of non protected infrastructure, some things that come to mind). Useful to still retain other FP mechanics or not rely on admin enforcement on a no-homebase server, as well as "opt out" of future homebase mechanics that may not be optimal for that server.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I could totally see the more hardcore PvP crowd wanting this feature, and I could swear I've seen watered-down versions of this requested. +1, more options > fewer, after all!

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Need to remove home base location from faction listings if you do this. Or not, and just disable home bases entirely.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I swear I thought there was an option for this, didn't know there wasn't one.
    There is a config option to remove homebase vulnerability on FP deficit; there's no option to say, 'all bases are always vulnerable.'

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Need to remove home base location from faction listings if you do this. Or not, and just disable home bases entirely.
    Yes. Along with removing the listing of homebase coordinates in the faction list, the showing of territorial claims should also come under the fog of war system and only be revealed upon the scanning of the system. Under these changes exploration and discovery of bases would be a lengthy process, which would be useful to a defender.

Reaction score
    Why not instead of a "HB Protection = true/false" make it to "HB Protection ends = ####" where the # is the faction number in which you no longer have protection. This would remove the annoying 5k times you have to kill people to take out the home base and it would give new members time to start.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy