Concerning older Intel compatibility..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know the whole Intel thing has been an awful pain to you developers this whole time, probably (just found out about this game yesterday!).. I'm on a 4 year old Toshiba laptop with intel integrated graphics, and of course Toshiba isn't doing any kind of updating (they're personally responsible for altered integrated driver updates, not intel..)

My graphics card is very low powered, but it still runs games like The Sims 3, Torchlight, Minecraft and many other somewhat graphically powerful games. The developers of these games went above and beyond to make sure their product was functional on older Intel mainly because there are tons and tons of older Intel-reliant systems out there..

I don't know if its possible, but I'm basically begging you guys to go the same route. In the end it'll keep your potential customer base much broader! It would include me, at the very least, and this is a game I'd definately purchase.. Or at least allow lower shaders (shaders are where 95% of my compatibility problems concerning intel happen..), some comprehensive graphics toggles as well.. Just thought I'd throw that out there (even though I'm sure many others already have!).. Great game, anyway, even if I never get to play it :)

Reaction score
    You realize that it took minecraft until late-beta to start refining all of their graphical problems? They were worried more about content, and making sure that the game works before they can make it for cheap and shotty computers. This game won\'t be free in the future, but this game also doesn\'t contain MUCH in order to be listed to change much of the internal code for much optimization, because you\'ll lose the userbase that would probably be your last hope.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It seems like an amazing game, and I do know it may take a lot of work, or may be totally impossible anyway, to create an alternate graphics mode or supply graphics options to hopefully allow older intel folks the opportunity to play and become customers.. The game Project Zomboid has been having lots of Intel compatibility problems (which they are striving to resolve) and reading all the people effected by them has made me realize how many low-end intels are out there.. Either way, just throwing this post out there, hoping :P